Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.4.2 KitKat rooted custom firmware for the Vido Yuandao (Window) M8 tablet. This firmware is based on the official firmware dated 2014/01/16.
(M8-4.4-20140116-ZZ.img / M8-4.4-20140116-ZZ-固件+刷机工具+刷机教程+驱动.rar)
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (york@mid-Porsche) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1003 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 9 08:58:15 CST 2014
Android build: vidom8/vidom8/vidom8:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.hy.20140116.175637:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.91 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems)
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- fix for multi-user support, implemented using didierm patch, thank you !
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Flash the firmware with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Vido Yuandao (Window) M8 tablet to test it.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:tipolam
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (91), Phone (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech