|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the MINIX NEO X7mini quad-core MiniPC based on latest Minix version 010a from 2014/02/11.
(NEO_X7mini_20140211.rar / X7mini_20140211_OTA.img)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@zhangboyu-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #35 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 11 16:11:09 CST 2014
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk31sdk/rk31sdk/rk31sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20140122.105724:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Official firmware revision history:
Release Date: 2014-02-17
1.) Improved video sync. performance;
2.) Increased DDR frequency, improving overall performance;
3.) Updated default video player;
4.) Preloaded official XBMC MINIX Edition (Version 12.4 MINIX);
5.) Preloaded latest AirPin(PRO), AirDroid, CloudTV app.;
6.) Improved web camera support;
7.) Preloaded Skype app.;
8.) Battery status adjusted from 0% to 100%;
9.) Enhanced HDMI signal strength;
10.) Enabled OTA update protocol for future updates;
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased storage space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems with our custom firmware)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Please flash with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Minix Neo X7 mini device to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:gravicapa, ordor, lrnsi, airtight3ip, PolluxPT, acy
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Just a quick note, the first upload likely had a small issue with the boot logo, no big deal as this should not prevent the firmware to work. Still, it deserved to be fixed and the new firmware has been uploaded and is listed in post #1.
Installed this yesterday and everything is running just fine (got my X7mini about a week).
I instaled Gotham XBMC (download from their website) and it's running great.
Tested Tincore app and it's fine too so it's rooted ok.
I had just one issue when connecting to PC but was because AVAST was blocking it (false positive).
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (92), Phone (12)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech