Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the MINIX NEO X7mini quad-core MiniPC based on latest Minix release from 2013/11/14
(2013-11-14_box_x7mini_6210.zip / 2013-11-14_box_x7mini_6210.img)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@zhangboyu-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #351 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 14 16:37:52 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk31sdk/rk31sdk/rk31sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131108.175115:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.69 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased storage space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Please flash with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Minix Neo X7mini device to test the custom firmware.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I have just installed the firmware you posted a couploe of days ago...
I would like to say thank you for a good job.
You say there that any problems should be passed on.
After the reboot everything seemed to work just fine, but after setting 1080p 50 or 60 hz there is a glitch on screen. Lines and whole screen bounces with a picture from previous views... If I set 24 hz it works ok. It is also working ok if the screen resolution is set to 720p...
After trying the stock rom the same happens...
Reverting to previous rom.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: chiduciot
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (76), Phone (15)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech