|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted custom firmware for the Rikomagic MK802IV offering overclocking up to 1920 MHz. This firmware is based on Rikomagic RKM MK802IV 2013/06/20 firmware built with sam321 720p 1920 MHz overclocked kernel.
It should work on Rikomagic MK802IV first models equipped with Realtek 8189 WiFI and RDA5876a Bluetooth chips) or compatible devices such as the UGOOS UG007b.
Please read our blog article about our overclocking test on a UGOOS UG007b.
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.41 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased storage space for applications (/data partition) to 3 GB
Please flash with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7, use Restore button.
Please note this is a proof of concept firmware built mainly to evaluate overclocking possibility on Rockchip RK3188 devices, it is not intended for daily use. Overclocking uses the processor at a faster speed than the manufacturer’s recommendation, it may cause overheat, which may lead to lower your processor life or completely fry it if you’re not careful. We recommend that you provide proper cooling (heat sink and or fan) for your processor and memory for smoother operations. You are overclocking at your own risk, we cannot be held responsible if you damage your hardware.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
this rom does not boot on RikoMagic 802IV with 201305* serial number, so maybe this is compiled for the new ones?
i even had flash issues, and had to run a restore to completely wipe the nand, which helped and gave a successfull flash, but never did get to a final start screen, after several reboot i had the moving circle, but nothing more.
so its redo, this is not compatible with MK802IV
So I installed this on my UG007B and it rendered it useless. Wifi and Bluetooth STOPPED Working so I had no way to reinstall CWM Recovery the easy way use ArcTools App to recover my backup. Therefore I had to attach UG007B to my Computer and copy files and apps over and manually install using Terminal Emulaor. To copy apps over, I downloaded apps to another tablet then used App Baackup and Restore (Free on PlayStore) to create an APK files, copy that to computer, then copy to UG007B.
Here are instructions and zip file for CWM Recovery on UG007B
install cwm recovery from any rom and without pc.
1. Install from play store the free apps Terminal emulator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=es) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=es)and busybox installer(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d….busybox&hl=es (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=es))
2. Open busybox installer, grant superuser permission,Use normal install (Not smart Install) then when it finish close the app.
3. Download http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/cwm/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdrm-install.zipfrom your stick, it must be downloaded in /sdcard/download/ (this is the default folder if you use the stock browser for download it.
4. Download your specific cwm zip from this thread and it need to be in /sdcard/download too.
5. Open Terminal emulator and write:
mv theNameOfYourSpecificCwmRecovery.img cwm-recovery.img
Replace theNameOfYourSpecificCwmRecovery for your specific cwm zip name, for example in imito qx1 it will be qx1-cwm-recovery
After write su you must grant superuser permission to terminal emulator.
How boot in recovery mode?
Zip File for CWM Recovery is here
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (107), Phone (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech