|Latest product reviews|
Published by Ian MORRISON on his Google+ page.
Hardware: New series MK802IV
For: The adventurous
Disclaimer: Use at your own risk
1. Multi-boot software which can boot Linux from SD card, Linux from NAND or Android from NAND
2. Installation software providing the ability to install a Linux root file system from SD card to NAND
3. Default boot configuration software prioritizing between Android and Linux
4. Removal software allowing Linux to be uninstalled from NAND
1. First install latest official Android ROM
2. Then flash the parameter file with https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67SmswVERvOFdyZ0U 3. To install Linux flash the boot image with https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67LW1vMURoeDVmYW8
3.1 Boot the device and follow the on-screen prompts
3.2 The installation will request an SD card formatted with a valid Linux root file system - you can either use an existing Linux SD card or a clean RFS created from the postings below
4. Reflash the boot partition with https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67aE9DVF9mRFUzOGs to get multi-boot functionality
4.1 The initial boot priority is Linux on the SD card, then Linux on NAND and finally Android on NAND
4.2 To change the boot priority in Linux copy the file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67bjZ4SlhNTTZyUnc to /usr/local/bin/android and the file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67LUdOcTNIQjhMR1U to /usr/local/bin/linux - their execution will toggle the NAND boot priority
4.3 From within Android the boot priority can be switched to Linux by removing the file /data/.boot_android - start a terminal session and then "su" before entering "rm /data/.boot_android"
5. The Linux NAND installation can be removed by flashing https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67bExMR0FvYkptTGs as the boot image and then booting the device and following the prompts
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (84), Phone (5)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech