|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the CX919 quad-core RK3188 MiniPC based on latest release from 2013/07/30. Kernel display at 1080p.
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@robin) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #79 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 30 10:08:24 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk31sdk/rk31sdk/rk31sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20130730.100828:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.51 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more applications are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased storage space for applications (/data partition) to 3 GB
Please flash with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7, use Restore button.
Stock Firmware source: geekbuying.com
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Tested with CX=919
OS scaled to 1080P and scaling works.
1. Very fast I/O speed (apps download and install quickly)
2. Wifi and BT work well
1. Text appears fuzzy and small even when reducing resolution to 720P
2. Slight stutter streaming 720P videos from XBMC (12.2)
3. Significant stutter playing 1080P video (Blu-Ray rip)
4. Hulu Plus crashes and/or plays on audio
5. Stick moderately warm to the touch
6. Slight lag in UI when navigating through home screens, opening apps, etc.
Antutu benchmark score = 14497
How does netflix run? When you say 1080p stutters. Is this on a streaming video? Can you write to any external sd/usb devices? How big is the partiton for apps? Can cwm be installed. If I dont hear back. Il try to catch you over at FT. If not Im gona flash it and answer some of these questions here and at FT. I think I read somewhere where it is 3gb for apps. But not sure. But that question is important for me and if I can link or move apps to sd. Il try the bt too with a simple ear piece. Its all I have at the moment. God it would be nice if all this worked. hmmm Forgot about scipts initD. Will check..Thanks
increased storage space for applications (/data partition) to 3 GB
It is in the first post
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Bille-pesess, ediv1970
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (82), Phone (16), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech