Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
This is my first build for Pipo P9
Build is based on stock, dated 10. Dec 2014 (wifi) and 11. Dec 2014 (3G)
and the common kernel #213 preempt 10. Dec 2014.
- corrections of some wakelock issues of the stock firmware/kernel
- some minor corrections
- update to TWRP 126.96.36.199
- finally all working (wakelocks, battery drain, cam)
– kernel #158
– CWM 188.8.131.52 added
– stock recovery 4.4.0
– CrewRKTablets recovery CWM 184.108.40.206 [v1.0], [v1.2]
– CrewRKTablets recovery TWRP 220.127.116.11 [v1.0], TWRP 18.104.22.168 [v1.1, v1.2]
– kernel #213 [v1.0], kernel #158 [v1.1, v1.2]
– 4 GB internal storage
– init.d support
– latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
– RebootMenue, sEFix, FX Sound
– Dateimanager HD (Root)
– Nova Launcher
Flash instructions are included in the download pack.
– to improve UI feeling: disable all animation scales in developer options,
…use Nova launcher and set animation/scroll to “faster than light” and
…enable Entropy Fixer with value 256
– to improve battery drain set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
– to get full access to the build enable /system rw in File Manager HD
– to disable su notifications change notification in settings/SuperSu
– to prettify the build use Xposed Framework > Starter Pack
Be aware: it is your own risk!
– Oma -
For some reason TWRP is not reading anything on my device when in Recovery. It doesn't have an "Internal SD" option, only External and USB Storage, but even as External selected by default, it doesn't read anything on my card either. I'm trying to flash my apps so I don't have to download them again, any ideas?
I tried flashing CWM to see if that would work, and same thing.. maybe I had a bad ROM install somehow. Well I was going to try to reinstall, and then my HDD stopped working after a reset.. gotta be kidding me. Things not even two years old.. ugh. Luckily it's just a backup HDD and not my main SSD, but now I gotta mess with the warranty on this thing.
Doesn't make sense to install from internal sdcard. However, when you like to do so mount it first in the Mount menue.
- Oma -
On TWRP 22.214.171.124 I get an error log when booting into recovery which says cannot mount storage, hence why nothing shows up in any menu. I flashed it again and even did a clean wipe reinstall of the rom to no avail.
I flashed twrp 126.96.36.199 and that version works fine as it should with no errors. Is anyone else having 188.8.131.52 issues?
Lets me test that. The wifi or the 3G package?
- Oma -
Just did a clean install ... works fine at my end. Try again incl. Lower Format.
- Oma -
Yeah.. No dice. 184.108.40.206 just doesn't like my p9, oh well I'll just have to use 220.127.116.11 no biggie.
Maybe I got one of the oddball pipo's. Sometimes my screen has a "Ghost Touch" that will esc+ volume down once.. So if I'm surfing the web it will go to previous page + volume down, or if I'm watching a movie it will close + volume down etc.. It doesn't happen very often, and is completely random, no pattern what so ever why it happens. I haven't seen anyone else report this issue, so I figured it must just be mine.
Most Users Ever Online: 803
Currently Online: VMILCINOV
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (66), Phone (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech