|Latest product reviews|
LineAgeOS 14.1 has landed on iFive Air 😉
CrewRKTablets RK32 Air LineAgeOS 14.1 build v1.2.5 - 10.07.2017 - Google July security patches
CrewRKTablets RK32 Air LineAgeOS 14.1 build v1.2.4 - 09.06.2017 - Google June security patches
- add 5 GHz wifi (install via TWRP)
- Haier Pad 971 with Goodix touch, pls change kernel #27 in folder rockdev before flash
CrewRKTablets RK32 Air LineAgeOS 14.1 build v1.1 - 17.04.2017 & kernel #6 (change files in folder rockdev/Image)
– recovery TWRP 188.8.131.52
– homebrew sekernel @ 1.8 GHz
– unified storage
– LineAgeOS su, su-binary
– pico gapps
Confirmed installation as is:
- Haier Pad 971, install cam fix via TWRP
- Ifive Mini4, change kernel/resource in folder rockdev/Image before flash, install cam fix via TWRP
- should also work on Ifive Pro2
– instructions are included in the download pack
– developer options: enable by tapping 5 times onto build number (settings/about the tab)
– screenshots: enable in settings/buttons/power menue
– advanced reboot: enable in settings/developer options
– root access: enable in settings/developer options (apps and adb)
– local terminal: enable in settings/developer options
– better UI performance: set all animation scales to 0 in settings/developer options
Special thanks to netlars & mussonero
Be aware: it is your own risk!
– Oma -
Still heavily under construction, but here we go: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/rk3288-entwicklung-und-customroms-development-and-croms/rk3288-rom-pipo-p9-lineageos-14-1-custom-root-firmware-20170101/?lang=fr#p59858
- Oma -
I just tested the v1.1 build on my Haier Pad as an upgrade from CM13 (6.0.1), but I found out that it doesn't work.
Tablet boots once into recovery after the upgrade, but TWRP doesn't react to touch actions. So TWRP can't be used.
After that I do a hard-power-off and the Lineage OS boot animation starts, but the tablet shows this animation forever and doesn't finish booting. What could be the problem? I would love to keep my data partition so I didn't do a full wipe, but just a "lower format" in the AndroidTool.
[Edit: Even a clean install (after using "lower format") didn't work]
You need to flash the build as is, incl. the kernel. I clean install is mandatory.
- Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:TeutonJon78
iFive Air (32GB) - XDA Discussion -- (including my iFive Air Nexus ROMs based on stock)
I'm sorry to say i 'd have to agree with Soeren: the upgrade didn't work. I tried version 1.2 as well as 1.1.
- Using the Android tool, all the options are ticked.
- TWRP works fine, data can be swiped with the exclusion of the cache (can not be mounted, as stated by TWRP).
- Using TWRP, a factory reset can not be done, as stated in the instructions.
- After system reboot, all I get is a boot animation: a greenish blue bow with a moving circle in it.
I guess we are talking about Haier Pad 971, too?
Please read instructions carefully:
c) tab will reboot into TWRP
d) select wipe
e) Format Data and confirm by typing yes
f) Factory Reset
If it still loops, please try the cam fix: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=2928
If it still loops, pls provide a dmesg and a logcat log.
- Oma -
Yes, Oma, I'm talking about the Haier Pad. Tried four times with the same result, and followed the instructions, just don't understand what you mean by ' Factory reset', TWRP has no option for this.
Today I reinstalled CM Android 6.01 again, without any issues. One of these days I'll try again, and install the cam fix.
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks, Oma, it worked after the factory reset.
Lineage boots, but it is very buggy.
- No camera (as could be expected)
- Spontaneous reboots
- No auto-rotation, device stays in portrait mode.
- No 5 GHz wifi networks.
- Freezing system UI
- No MTP
- Nonresponsive apps.
So it might work for an Ifive Air, but a Haier Pad 971 seems to be another ballgame.
Sounds more like a corrupted partition. Pls try again, incl. Lower Format. Use the pack as is. In TWRP format data and do a factory reset.
- Oma -
Reflashed, did lower format. Wiped afterwards, and did a factory reset.
Some improvement, but:
- No camera. Tried to install the camfix with TWRP (184.108.40.206), but TWRP spontaneously reboots before the zip file installs.
- No 5GHz WiFi.
- No auto rotation, device stays in portrait modus.
- Restart didn't work, the device switches off, had to manually restart a few times.
- No MTP, USB configuration stays in charging mode.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Joeblah
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (89), Phone (14), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech