Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Yes, please. Do a clean install of build v1.1 and install the BT fix.
- Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:miniplus
Netflix starts fine, browsing the collection works too. But when trying to play anything on the tablet, nothing is played. Loading... and a red circle is shown.
I have posted on Freaktab and got one reply saying that some DRM is missing in the Android 5 SDK build. If this could be fixed, that would be really great.
Hm, the German provider Maxdome works without any DRM or Root issues.
Can you pls disable "Use of AwesomePlayer" in developer options? Maybe you need to reboot.
- Oma -
Test kernel for ifive Mini4: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=2588
Change kernel and resource in folder rockdev/Image before flash.
Untestet ... so use on your own risk!
- Oma -
Thank you so much for your effort Oma, really appreciate it.
Few questions before testing:
1. how sure are you, that the kernel will boot?
2. what can i do if it fails, the ifive mini4 has no hardwarebuttons nor reset hole
3. should i flash an TWRP image prior flashing the kernel/lollipop or will the recovery partition be overwritten?
4. whats the worst thing that can happen?
5. how can i support you with development?
Finally again: thanks !!
So, to start the tab into flash modus unplug USB cable, hold Power for 12 sec until screen goes black and plug USB cable. If this is not longer possible one need to open the tab and short NAND pins to start tab into mask-rom modus.
You need to do a clean install, incl. LowerFormat.
PMU is the same then in Air and flashing of the touch controller firmware is off. It could be that you do not have screen or the boot-up process stops at the kernel logo. Enable sound on your PC to hear if there is action. In any case wait 5 minutes and try to get some logs - use this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1944776
- Oma -
The build in post #1 will also work on Mini4. What we do not have is a selinux kernel that boots LP.
- Oma -
I have installed this great ROM on my iFive Air and it works pretty well. So far, I have found only two "issues":
- The screen sometimes goes crazy and starts detecting touches everywere. So far it has happened two times in two days. The first time it happened, it was fixed when I closed the running app (Strategy & Tactics). The second time (running the same app), I had to reboot the tablet to fix it. Also, this is a tablet that has just come back from the SAT because of a faulty screen, so I can't be sure if the cause is the app, the ROM, or the screen. I will keep testing to try to clearly identify the source.
- I can't charge the tablet while powered off. As soon as I plug the USB charger, the tablet starts. If I poweroff the tablet while plugged, it just restarts. With OMA v1.1 ROM I was able to charge it while powered off. I would like to do it, because it takes ages to fully charge the tablet when powered on.
It would be a pity to have to go back to OMA v1.1 just because of this issue, because the ROM is working great. 🙁
Anyway, thank you very much for your great work!
Thank you for feedback!
We have two of this tabs and no issues with the touchscreen noticed so far.
As for the charge mode this is the so called always power on strategy. One can only power down the tab if no cable is plugged.
This is mainly driven by the new loader. I guess it can be changed by using a specific uboot.
But hey, I do not have any issue with that. I leave the tab on the charger over night and it is good for the next day. Charging time is about 5 hours (emty to full).
Btw. to charge the tab the kernel is booted anyway. The only difference is that it will reboot to give you screen on.
Recently the tab runs about 4 days without charging. I just put in on a few times to check my emails.
- Oma -
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (100), Phone (7)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech