Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here a second Android 4.4 KitKat (KRT16O) rooted firmware update for the PiPO U8 tablet (aka Pipo Ultra-U8). It is based on latest PiPO update dated 2013/12/10.
(U8_DS7901_3188_4.4_201311210.rar / U8_software_chinese version_android4.4.1)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.56 (york@mid-Porsche) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #437 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 10 11:17:59 CST 2013
Android 4.4 KitKat: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.4.1/KOT49E/eng.ljh.20131210.163032:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.80 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes above)
kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad)compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets thank guys! (won't work, as Linux kernel has been updated to 3.0.56)
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO U8 tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:skiper19689, OzzyMonkey, pablopuntocom
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Thanks for the updated ROM,
so far been very stable, everything seems to be working, will really test it out this weekend.
Have to say think it is quicker than the stock 4.2 rom that came with the device.
Mx player complaining about the OS version but it seem to be MX player issue.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (71), Phone (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech