|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PiPO Ultra 2 (Pipo U2 aka DS717) tablet. This custom firmware is based on latest PiPO release dated 2013/12/04 which, based on the signatures, seems to be mainly a kernel update.
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.8+ (root@lzj-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #466 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 6 11:07:42 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: PIPO/DS717/DS717:4.1.1/JRO03H/20121213.183452:eng/release-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO U2 tablet to test the custom firmware.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Sorry for my english. I have a problem with the product activation. The tablet is connected to internet and i have each time the answer Probuct activation with the possibility to inscrib a number. I not have this number and i make close and few minut after the same situation. Any solution?
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (121), Phone (21)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech