Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO S3 pro tablet (aka Smart-S3pro) It is based on latest PiPO update dated 2013/12/05.
(update_S3pro_chiese_20131205.img / S3pro_software_chinese version_20131205)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@lhh-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #318 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 4 14:41:12 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.20131204.173343 test-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.86 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO S3 pro tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:Dzinis, plamen_032, ahvinjz
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (76), Phone (9)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech