|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO S1 pro tablet (aka Smart-S1pro) It is based on latest PiPO update dated 2013/12/13.
(update#50_S1pro_4.2_ZH_20131213.img / S1pro_software_chinese version_20131213)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@lzj-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #50 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 18 14:36:54 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.ljh.20131118.163944 test-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.86 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 3 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO S1 pro tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:ScooBs, nossler
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Do you by chance have a copy of the kernel and boot img files that are in this? It works fine if I flash directly but I like to modify the parameter for more system space (I then flip the internal SD and External SD for more App space). I've tried dumping it with imgRePackerRK v104, but every rom IMG I unpack with it corrupts the boot and kernel. I've verified I can get the rest of the files to work if I substitute the boot and kernel files but finish rom makers for the Smart S1 Pro that post individual files for their Rom are minimal.
If there is another tool I'm missing for Windows that is capable of extracting or dumping the contents correctly please advise.
Found the tool I was missing over at XDA forums:
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (85), Phone (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech