|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PiPO M9 PRO (aka Max-M9pro) for both WiFI and 3G models. This custom firmware is based on new official update version 1.0.7 dated 2013/11/20.
(update_M9pro_OTA_1.0.7_20131120.img / M9pro_software_3G&WIFI_english version)
Revision history from the manufacturer:
1. increase hide the status bar features
2. HDMI output occasionally interrupt signal to modify the phenomenon.
3. Replace pipo launcher apk new version and the corresponding
From the hidden status bar to show it again: slide from bottom of the screen to the top.
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #371 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 19 20:51:55 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131120.141257:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.75 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- Certificate Center and original PiPO launchers have been kept in the firmware
- Certificate Center will ask for product key, which is not needed, just hit later and connect to Internet and it will be activated
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend to refuse any update pushed OTA.
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:cooltraxx, Paul2482, griff2, josedb, --k0l0kaust0--, fedofed, nik2670, CybeRNerO, mattiesrag, maly2006, triusad, uli-hh, JugeHuge, EDHUNTER
With 'optional CWM easy Installer' do you mean optionally download arctools app and use that to install instead of flashing with RK Batchtool v 1.7 ? Or have I misunderstood?
Also how is the experience with your M9 Pro? My S2 is running out of app space and I could use more Ram bigger SD etc but am not sure whether to go for M6 Pro 3G or M9 Pro 3G. Have you any views based on your experience?
Going just on spec M6 Pro has bigger battery and can reduce Retina to 1600x1200. Also fewer adverse reports on build quality, wi-fi etc. But M9 Pro maybe has better custom Rom support. Can you add your 2 cents worth?
Any chance that this rom will be made available in a format that can be flashed by CWM?
It's in the works, future custom firmwares should be released in CWM compatible format as well.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144, mussonero1, oleg barabash2 st
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (115), Phone (12), Tablet (3)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech