Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PiPO M6 PRO (aka Max-M6pro) for both WiFI and 3G models. This custom firmware is based on latest PiPO official update version 1.1.6 dated 2014/03/18.
(M6pro新UI_1.1.6_update_20140318.zip / M6pro_software_Chinese_3G&WiFi_20140318)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #227 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 25 14:30:59 CST 2014
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20140318.191857:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.94 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 7 GB
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- optional Deep Sleep fix for some Rockchip RK3188 based tablets ArcTools package (should not be necessary as Deep Sleep issue is expected to be fixed in this update)
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend to refuse any update pushed OTA.
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
|Warning: if you are currently running an Android 4.4 KitKat firmware and wish to flash to this Android 4.2 Jelly firmware, you may face some troubles downgrading. If you are not sure how to handle that, we recommend that you wait until this procedure gets properly documented.|
I flashed this firmware and verified it is working on a PiPO M6 pro (thanks sclstore.fr for their support with a test device) Unfortunately, I don't have much time for extensive tests on this new firmware release, users feedback is welcome.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:triplehead, Sergey Korobeiko, MyDreamer
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Excellent ROM, works well so far.
Simple question; I can extract the data from the img file but I would like to modify my own ROM. Is there a guide you would recommend? I want to enable root, remove apps I don't want and install apps I do want.
Do I just install a standard ROM, remove all the apps, install all the apps, install root & take an img - could it be that simple?
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (58), Phone (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech