|Latest product reviews|
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (york@mid-Porsche) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #241 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 13 10:03:19 CST 2014
Android 4.4.2: rockchip/rk3188/rk3188:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.ljh.20140213.095651:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- added multi-user support thanks to didierm contribution
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend to refuse any update pushed OTA.
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
I haven't yet tested this firmware on my PiPO M6 Pro, please report any problem.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:ManiacB, stkaptain, karmantyu, papadakis, pedrova
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Just installed it; it seems to run fine on my pipo m6 pro. I wonder what the differences are with the last version from january? It seems to charge when off, without starting up automatically.
- no auto brightness
- gps?? I don't think it works, but did not really test it.
- last version had some problems with labeling of media files. I will check this later.
First I have to reinstall all my apps
Thank you for the efforts made!
Can you tell me the fixes that are made within this release?
I keep getting a firmware update message when I connect via WiFi. The version is 1.0.8 and I don't know if I should or shouldn't do it? This is the first time I got the message and and still trying to understand the implications.
The PiPo m6 pro is only a with me a couple of months.
First of all thanks a lot to this great Rom for the M6.
It is much more stable than the original Rom - nice Job "Thumbs up"
I am using the multiple user feature for the whole family. Basically it works, but sometimes different tasks are crashing (i.E. BT sharing) when I change the user interface. So BT will not activate at all.
In Apps I have to force shut down BT then it will start up again and connects to my BT-Receiver.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (76), Phone (9)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech