|Latest product reviews|
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (york@mid-Porsche) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #235 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 09:46:59 CST 2014
Android 4.4.2: rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.ljh.20140103.150204 test-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.89 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- Edit 2014/01/15: updated SuperSU to latest version 1.89 (free version)
- Edit 2014/01/15: added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- Edit 2014/01/15: use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- Edit 2014/02/02: added multi-user support thanks to didierm contribution
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend to refuse any update pushed OTA.
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
I have successfully tested this firmware and confirm it's working. Still, current KitKat based firmwares it should be considered as beta software, please report any problem.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:Aniru, spidermagicat, fjclmovil, hardi435, egonzalez, leowar
Carefully reading post #1 should give answer to your question.
florian83260, do you have an Pipo M6 pro ?
Yes it's different, you don't have the Pro version.
I tried this rom and it works great, I only noticed a few problems!
GPS does not work, can not recharge the tablet turned off, the alarm will not sound if the tablet is turned off, the wifi network and the 3G network is slow in contrast to the 4.2.2 rom that is much more stable and fast. for now these are the only problems. I'm hoping for a new update
The following users say thank you to Geniustyle for this useful post:leowar
No it's not compatible with the non pro tablet model, just have a look a few posts above.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:Aniru
I am having problems downloading the zip. When I click on it, it takes me to a firmware and download zone link. Once I click on that, I get sent to a screen that says hello on the left hand top corner. I am already registered, and I try logging back in and trying again. NADA!!
I got few days ago a M6pro with 4.2.2. It looks fine and behaves not that bad, but looks it goes slow many times. I haven't installed any app yet and is already using 1Gb RAM memory, is that normal? I guess not. Do you know what could it be? Maybe that PipoLaunch?
The point is I would like to upgrade it to this 4.4.2. Do you think it will improve the slow behaviour? And somebody posted some issues, are they really issues or just and isolated case? What do you recommend me to do?
Million thanks in advance for your support!!!
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (91), Phone (11)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech