Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO M6 (model without 3G) tablet based on latest official update from Pipo dated 2013/07/04
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (hkw@mid-server) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #20 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 4 11:18:41 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.ljh.20130704.112304:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.41 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications, removed Certificate Center asking for product key
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO M6 tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:bunneh, cryolynx, Mlkjh
You can't directly flash this style of image (update.img) under Linux.
You need Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7 (Windows)
Thanks - I did manage to install this firmware from Win7.
I checked the build.prop file there, and discovered the following line:
Also, this firmware is not faster than my June 18 stock firmware.
So it looks like even the most recent Pipo M6 firmware is still based on the original (1.0) SDK for RK3188.
Could you please post build.prop file with your ROM releases, so we could check things like this without flashing the ROM?
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (72), Phone (9)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech