Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.4.2 KitKat rooted firmware for the new PIPO M8HD tablet. This firmware is based on an update dated 2014/02/19.
( 1009-20140219-update４.４.zip )
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #202 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 19 18:31:31 CST 2014
Android 4.4.2 KitKat: rockchip/rk3188/rk3188:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.root.20140219.183141:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- temporary fix for multi-user support, thanks to didierm
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
- current KitKat based firmwares should be considered as beta software
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO M8HD tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:GuidoD, WimUitTwente
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Optional ClockworkMod (CWM) not working properly
Take advantage of:
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (73), Phone (9)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech