|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO M8HD tablet based on latest update from Pipo version 1.0.4 dated 2013/10/28 supporting OTA (Over the Air). This firmware is valid for the M8HD in both 3G and WiFI models.
( M8HD_#316_1009_1.0.4_NoMMS_20131028.img / M8HD_OTA_software_3G&WIFI version_20131028 )
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #316 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 28 11:29:32 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131028.185917:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
- Certificate Center and original PiPO launchers have been kept in the firmware
- Certificate Center will ask for product key, which is not needed, just hit later and connect to Internet and it will be activated
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.65 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! : optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- all launchers have been kept: stock Android, Kid Launcher and PiPO launcher
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO M8HD tablet to test the custom firmware.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
working now with this version. But i have the feeling, that it takes a longer time now to boot and i have some lags on the desktop - the screen freezes from time to time. I changed the governor to "performance" and that seems to make it better. Iam watching it for now ....
But: thank you for your support !!!
I have a Pipo M8HD and after trying to flash it to the latest October rom (official or rooted) all hell broke loose. Even though the flash went perfect the tablet screen was flickering, had lines in it, letters were dull and was going from the logo screen to recovery all the time. After trying everything i put on it the september rom (rooted) and works perfect except that when it is pluged into the wall (charging) it reboots after 6 minutes all the time. Any thoughts what is wrong or why i cant put the October rom (stock or rooted).
Thanks in advance
Android 4.4.2 KitKat test firmware posted:
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update just posted:
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Bille-pesess, ediv1970
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (84), Phone (13)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech