|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PiPO M8 HD (both 3G and WiFI models) it is based on latest official update published on 2014/03/28.
( M8HD_1.1.5_update#367_20140328.img / M8HD_software_OTA_3G&WiFi_20140328 )
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #367 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 28 09:54:46 CST 2014
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20140328.095542:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.94 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 7 GB
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO M8 HD tablet to test the custom firmware.
|Warning: if you are currently running an Android 4.4 KitKat firmware and wish to flash to this Android 4.2 Jelly firmware, you may face some troubles downgrading. If you are not sure how to handle that, we recommend that you wait until this procedure gets properly documented.|
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Now use a day
Everything works well and smoothly.
ClockworkMod backup TWRP "Team Win Recovery Project" v184.108.40.206 does not but
with mouse works via USB
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: theNitz
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (107), Phone (8), Tablet (6)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech