Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO M8 PRO tablet (model without 3G) based on latest official update from Pipo dated 2013/05/18
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@wzq-G41M-ES2L) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #115 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 18 09:25:04 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: M8pro/M8pro/M8pro:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20130516.105208:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.30 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a PIPO M8 PRO tablet to test the custom firmware.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (60), Phone (13)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech