Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO M7 Pro tablet based on an update dated 2014/02/19. This firmware should work on both 3G and WiFI M7 Pro models.
( M7pro#128_892_new_ui_ZH_20140219.img )
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #128 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 19 14:18:09 CST 2014
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20140219.142118:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! : optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update
- I have left some tiny Chinese bits in the custom firmware (in Weatherforecast widget) it shouldn't bother you much.
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
|Warning: if you are currently running an Android 4.4 KitKat firmware and wish to flash to this Android 4.2 Jelly firmware, you may face some troubles downgrading. If you are not sure how to handle that, we recommend that you wait until this procedure gets properly documented.|
I flashed this firmware and verified it is working on a PiPO M7 pro test device (thanks sclstore.fr) Unfortunately, I don't have much time for extensive tests on this new firmware release, users feedback is welcome.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:bjornier
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
thanks so much, just flashed my PIPO M7 Pro 3Gby clicking "Restore" to lowerformat and update Android
- upgrade procedure works, android boots
- restore procedure is stuck in com.android.provision.DefaultActivity for some time with no response but continues after a few minutes
- google play works
- wifi and 3G both work!
- quick boot option is unavailable! (was available in kasty-pipo-m7_pro-422-ota_106_20131205-rooted4)
will go in deep later
PS: Win8.1 + rkbatch1.7 still does not allow me to click switch. however, win7 works fine.
I actually noticed the bug with the provision screen at first boot up and had no time to have a closer look yet.
It may be related to the provisionning procedure having an issue due to some Chinese apps removed, it should not be a big deal and the tablet works just fine after the provision screen is skipped and it just affects first boot.
Regarding quickboot, it looks like this firmware doesn't offer the feature anymore.
please See http://www.pipo.cn english Support Firmware upgrading procedure
Hello there. This is a great custom ROM for the PIPO M7. I have tried also RileyROM from FreakTab, but I believe the KastyROM is more responsive. I would like to ask a question regarding Deep Sleep (aka Quick Boot) function. When enabled the tablet goes to Deep Sleep mode and wakes up in 10 seconds, after powered on. The problem is when I try to charge it. As soon as I plug the DC cable, the tablet wakes up with the large green battery charging animated indicator in the center of the screen. The problem is that it stays there all the time, thus the screen never turns off while charging. I have checked the Developer Options for the Stay Awake Option while charging, but it is Unchecked. During Deep Sleep the tablet loses about 1% battery per hour, which is good but it would be ideal if I could leave the table in Deep Sleep connected to the charger, as I use the tablet occasionally. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Stelios from Greece
Thanks, working great.
Is there a possibility that there will be a custom rom build from de official 05/04/2014 version in the near future?
i second that.
i have sudden restart issue with KK. i had reverted back to JB and never have restart issue.
could you make this custom rom with latest official JB??
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: solitaires
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (69), Phone (14)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech