Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@lzj-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #172 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 5 11:03:34 CST 2014
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 7 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes below)
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- temporary fix for multi-user support, thanks to didierm
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend to refuse any update pushed OTA.
- current KitKat based firmwares should be considered as beta software
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
This firmware was successfully flashed on a PiPO M7 Pro, thanks sclstore.fr for the test Pipo M7 Pro device.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:fm_max, besteve
Hello all! Is anyone else experiencing random reboots and especially when watching netflix. I've tried several of your fws and RR fw and all of them have had the same problem. My Pipo is a wifi only version. I use my Pipo to mainly surf the web, netflix and some random gaming for the kids. Thanks for otherwise fabulous fw!
Been experiencing the same problems also koshk but..
I have noticed that the upcoming android 4.4.3 update has around 20+ fixes including a fix for random reboot so we may have to wait for a new ROM update.
I would like to see the quickboot choice in the settings as well as the latest ROM doesn't seem to include it, other than that all seems well.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (80), Phone (20)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech