Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the PIPO M7 Pro tablet based on latest update from Pipo dated 2013/12/05. This firmware is valid for the M7 pro in both 3G and WiFI models.
( update#80_M7pro_892_ota_20131205_v1.0.6.img )
Manufacturer revision history (translated from Chinese) :
- increase fast boot function;
- increased the status bar hidden features;
- optimized UI icon layout;
- modify electronic photo frame error problem;
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@alex-System-Product-Name) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #80 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 5 10:07:17 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131205.134750:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
- Certificate Center and original PiPO launchers have been kept in the firmware
- Certificate Center will ask for product key, which is not needed, just hit later and connect to Internet and it will be activated
- any update received thru OTA may interfere with our custom firmware, we recommend not to apply any OTA update.
- to hide the status bar, press the last button on the right from the status bar
From the hidden status bar to show it again: slide from bottom of the screen to the top.
- we have posted a short video about the Quick Boot feature
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.80 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems, see Notes above)
- all launchers have been kept: stock Android, Kid Launcher and PiPO launcher
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! : optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
I flashed this firmware and verified it is working on a PiPO M7 pro test device (thanks sclstore.fr) Unfortunately, I don't have much time for extensive tests on this new firmware release, users feedback is welcome.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I installed it and it runs at least, but how do I go back to stock rom? If I take the original firmware img-file and put it into the RKBatch tool it failures every time I flash it, whether I press "upgrade" or "restore" - so I had to flash it back to the kasty-rom.
Can someone please help me get back to original Pipo ROM?
what=t do you think is it hardware issue since if we already flashed the rom and it still happening.. some one please give as advise if the unit is the problem and not the software.
It could be either since both Riley ROM and this one are based on the official Pipo ROM and firmware. If it is a ROM issue it is highly unlikely that it is anything that these guys or Randy (Riley) have done. It is far more likely to be an issue with the Pipo firmware.
How I can change the launcher for the Pipo Launcher (tiles like windows 8) ???
You can install a new one (like Nova Launcher) or use the default one:
for this, you ave to go to settings->applications->All->find pipo launcher and clean the section "default"
I'm sorry if the previous information is not very accurate, I use French Language and all settings are in french
Pipo m7pro 3G - ainol fire (dead) - kobo touch - wiko cink - iPhone 4 - iPad 2
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (91), Phone (8)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech