Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
aloksinha2001, PicUntu main developper has a new PicUntu 4.4 release:
After a long break - please find PicUntu 4.4 RootFile system.
This filesystem has been created from scratch and is a derivative of Ubuntu 13.04.
This will work pretty much with any kernels that are available on 3066/3188. The image is about 349MB and sits nicely in a 2GB SD card.
This has a GUI (you can choose LXDE and or Xfce4)
Installation instruction (use a Linux System)
1. Download from here (save it at a location, let's say /tmp)
2. Mount your SD card - and like usual make a partition in ext4, with a label "linuxroot"
3. Mount it (lets say you mounted it under /media/linuxroot)
4. Untar the file
- tar -xzf /tmp/picuntu-4-4.tgz -C /media/linuxroot/
5. This will take some time, it will take longer time
6. Once you are done. Eject the SD card and it is ready to be inserted into your PC Stick
Now boot your PC stick (with this SD card inserted) and if your kernel is fine you should be greeted with a GUI login screen.
We will be releasing kernels shortly (work in progress specially on the WiFi.)
Login Id: picuntu
Password: 12qwaszx (please change immediately after logging in)
Things to do
After working on this, we have found the following things still needs to be added.
1. Add ntpdate
2. change time server in /etc/ntp to pool.ntp.org
3 install samba common, cllient, server, cifs-utils
4. Install p7zip-full rar arj lha
What you can do with it
You can also install a full version of ubuntu by typing
- sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
Let me know, if you face any problems.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: chaoiki13
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (87), Phone (13), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech