Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
I purchased 4 Onda V972. 1 will not turn on at all. many problems with it to begin with so I was never able to upgrade the flashware. I am sending back. The other have been somewhat difficult. However, I was able to get them all rooted and upgraded to V1.32. However, I have continue to experience unexpected screen freezes which cause me to restart and in some will not boot fully. Hangs up on ONDA log page. which means I have to launch the Android Recovery and reboot. I then lose all my apps and settings. I can't figure this out. I don't know if it is happening after I plug it in to charge and because the chord and plug are so cheaply made that it is cause an electrically issue. I haven't tried any other plug with it so I can maintain proper power supply. Since I need to use my tablet regularly this can present a real problem. Also, I installed the PhoenixSuit software. For me to propery upgrade the firmware I had to use ver1.03. the ver1.05 caused me grief. However, ver1.05 is the only version that recognize my tablet on the home screen. So I figured I could use this software utility to backup my tablets in case it frized out on me. First it is in Chineses so I have hover the icons and buttons to know what they do. When I tried to use the backup utility- I get DOS screen that blinks and then an error message regarding .APK but it can't tell me because the pop up window wording is not wording but OIA Coding. Does anyone know of how to get the utility tool in english and then what may be the reason the back-up function is not working. Or can I use something else to back-up and restore my tablets when they fritz on me.
I too have similar issues with this tablet I bought for my wife for her birthday.
Following install of Phoenix Suit V1.05 I upgraded to V1.06. I have managed to upgrade the Onda V972 to V1.32 but instead of the official version I used the Kasty modified version which was referred to as being more stable than the official version. However once upgraded, I tested the tablet continuously for several hours and it worked brilliantly until the battery was nearly exhausted (8%). I powered the tablet off and then back on and all my files and apps were gone. I then powered off and tried a reboot from recovery but no joy and at which point it entered a boot loop and eventually died due to lack of battery. I plugged into mains and began charging and each time I try to power back up it goes into boot loop. I will be trying the official V1.32 tonight but do not hold out much hope. Is this a power management issue which clears cache and files on low battery or are there other issues?
Is there a stable custom ROM that would resolve these issues or am I stuck with a Brick. I cannot send back as, although a genuine Onda V972 32gb, unfortunately I bought from a 3rd party on ebay and not from a retailer.
CONFIRM NO CONFLICT OR CRASH IN GENERAL.
I succeeded with vers. 1.2 previous firmware but I could not understand what were the steps made.
Then I restored the 1.2 rebuilt the steps and got this far but I will not confuse you.
1) Upgrade to new firmware 1.32;
Operations to be performed:
1) Restore and backup (only for those who already had updated and installed something)
2) Delete and disable everything that was written in Chinese on the desktop from the desktop mother the blue so to speak, and continue when we open settings or eliminating or ending if we have the opportunity;
3) Of all we need to eliminate wave widget including 360.ie cc. everything that is Chinese;
4) Once all the elimination Chinese open file manager go to SD card and clear them all CANCELLANDO.PRATICAMENTE ALL (Just hold on folders and screen opens click delete folder as in all) will only SD. -
4) Finished create folders Pictures, Movies, Music and just close all
5) Now what we want to install crash-proof. -
I hope it was clear in doubt, ask
I forgot my tablet Onda V972 is obviously not Rooted
A good make
Sorry for my English
Your instructions are hard to follow. For example you state we need to eliminate wave widget inclduing 360. I don't see this widget.
4) you say go to SD card and clear them all. What does this mean Delete every folder. I have folders like .LOST and andriod and 10 to 12 other folders with application data. Are you saying delete them all?
What does 5) mean??? now we want to install crash proof. Install what?
Can you be more clear and maybe give screen shots???
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (53), Phone (13)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech