|Latest product reviews|
Firmware build information:
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.3.0 (Nurmuhammad@sochipSRV) (gcc version 4.6.3 20120201 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1-2012.02-20120222 - Linaro GCC 2012.02) ) #17 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 18 19:38:22 CST 2013
Android system: onda/fiber_ondam784q6/fiber-ondam784q6:4.2.2/JDQ39/20130702:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Our rooted custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU 1.41 (free version)
- system default setup English
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
Flash with PhoenixSuite (tutorial)
After flashing the tablet, a Setup Wizard should display on first boot to configure your network, regional settings, etc… If the wizard does not appear, just disconnect your USB cable from the tablet, make a short press on the power button to turn off the screen. After the screen is turned of, press the power button for a short time again to power the tablet, the Setup wizard should appear.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Onda V818mini (hardware V1) to test it.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:edgar_007, wildfir, hugo79, mikep, anonymous88, isra_sil, ilyuha86, cterraza, kingnikko, _Javi_
Does this firmware support both cameras for Skype? So far I still use the Onda V2.0 rooted (it was from factory or store direct rooted as I am not so familar with rooting this device).
Also can you make a statement about the battery live? Is it simmilar to previous ROMs or shorter / longer lusability? Thank you!!!
The following users say thank you to HeinzOtto1 for this useful post:hugo79
Thank you! Works great!
Just a couple of notes for those using PhoenixSuit for the first time.
- Debug mode has to be ON
- When u hold down the Home button and press the Power button repeatedly, the Windows (I am using Win XP btw) "Install Drivers" window may pop-up (i guess it may only happen the first time u connect an Onda tablet to your PC). Skip the "Connect to Internet" option and it should be able to find the drivers locally (should have been installed when installing PhoenixSuit). After the drivers have been installed, the "Format" option will pop up. Select "Yes" and the update will begin.
Probably, just give me a little time
I've read some unofficial change-log, that they added miracast support or something in 3.2.1. Don't know if its true.
Anyhow has anyone verified if hdmi-out works?
Admin sorry for asking you again, but are there any new developments regarding external bluetooth ?
The following users say thank you to msev for this useful post:Coralperra
thank you for this work. I finally installed it as I had a FW crash (played with Busybox and bricked but was able to flash again ). Firmware runs very well except the battery life. Thanks for your hard work on it. May be the 3.2.1 will solve the battery issue as well therefore I am also highly interested in your Kasty support!
@holyexorcist Skype is working well on my device. Just try to call someone or lets call you and see if it is still not working. If this is the case reinstall Skype and it will probably solve the issue.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:alexil
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (114), Phone (12), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech