|Latest product reviews|
I tried to upgrade my tablet to 4.4.2, i followed the instructions correctly but while it was upgrading i got an error message, it was chinese so i don't know what it said and my tablet turned off and now it won't turn on.I tried to press the power button, no success, i tried to go in recovery mode by pressing the home and power button still no success, i tried to push the reset button with a needle still not working, but when i put it on charge it gets warm and when i connect to pc i get that sound that it has connected so i know it's not broken.
I've almost bricked my Onda v711s V1 myself, today. I'm still a newbie, mistakes were made.
Lucky for me (and hopefully also for you), following these steps have restored my tablet:
1. Install the PhoenixSuit software on your PC from here or here. (I've used both, on different occasions and PCs - In case the Setup is in Chinese, just click the right-most button during installation)
2. Go here, download the archive and unzip it. (Thank you for the ROM, Admin!)
3. Open the PhoenixSuit software on your PC, go to "Firmware" (anchor icon) and click on the "Image" button. Once the file explorer is displayed, browse to and choose .img file you've just unzipped (V711s_v3.2_v1.img) .
4. Click on Upgrade, you will be notified that no device is connected. Click on OK's until the "Do mandatory upgrade?" prompt is displayed.
5. Leave the prompt opened and follow the steps listed there. The firmware will automatically install on your tablet. When the process starts in the background, you can close the prompt and enjoy the installation.
Once you're done, you will have Android 4.2.2 on your tablet and you'll be able to continue flashing it (the tablet, of course).
If you want more info on this subject, please surf the forums around here.
This is the only concrete information I have regarding almost bricked Onda tablets, and I've learned it all by forum surfing from one Google result to another.
The following users say thank you to nighty for this useful post:serioux100
Hello. Frank'm from Spain. I have v701s past two days ago. Yesterday I wanted to upgrade to 4.4 kit kat. I followed the steps in Phoenix and did everything right. Wanting to start, the screen does not turn on. Does nothing. I tried putting the rom again but still does not start.
Can anyone help ?.
The tablet is for my daughter and am very upset. The tablet is seen a light background but no longer black.
Thank you very much.
You need to make sure that the tablet is fully powered off before attaching the USB cable to the PC.
This is easier to see in a dark room. Hold in the power button for about 10 seconds until the screen goes dark completely, then attach the USB cable to flash the rom again.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (77), Phone (38)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech