|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.4.2 KitKat rooted custom firmware for the FNF iFive X2 tablet. This firmware is based on the official iFive firmware 2.0.2 dated 2014/02/19. According to iFive changelog, it should finally fix the ghosting issue found in previous KitKat firmwares.
(ifiveX2_FW_442_V2.0.2_201402191400.rar / ifiveX2_FW_442_V2.0.2_201402191400.img)
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@five-server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 19 11:10:56 CST 2014
Android build: IFive/rk3188/rk3188:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.root.20140121.103734:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Revision history from the manufacturer (translated from Chinese) :
repair individual models Refresh 4.4 ghosting problem!
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems)
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to iFive stock launcher
- use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- included temporary fix for multi-user support, thanks to didierm
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Use Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7 to flash the firmware, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have an iFive X2 to test it.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:didierm, tarjan, obolox, sbr.harry, tobago, fustris, Pepzki, zuppa, cnig, untitle, syvato, mar76ek, TecKnight, egorkin
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I found this optimization script, used to be very good!
The 97loopy_tweak, 99Mr_Tweak, 95Mr_ZRAM into system etc init.d
Set permissions to 755 or 777 and then reboot！
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntv2jHJ Power by Mr.R for RK3xxx!
By the way, this script can be used on most rockchip devices.
Hdmi working with this rom? Can i use ManuRoms OC Kernel with this rom? Thank you!
Hdmi working with this rom?
I wonder too whether HDMI output to "big screen television" (video and audio) works in this ROM (Netflix and other video player apps). If it does then Kitkat here I come.
"Spirit said: I got artifacts while browsing with chrome."
I guess Chrome web app seems to have some artifacts while scrolling (read reports from here and there about Kitkat and X2), but Chrome have had the same issue with other ROMs and other tablets also. Reports state that stock Android browser and several other browsers don't have the same issue in X2 Kitkat. Are there scroller artifacts with Chrome Beta browser too? It is newer and IMHO better version of Chrome browser even when it is still in beta state (available in Play store).
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (111), Phone (13)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech