Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Here is a rooted custom firmware for the FNF iFive X tablet based on official version 1.4.6
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.0.8+ (root@five-server) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #46 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 21 20:02:05 CST 2013
Android build: IFive/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.1.1/JRO03H/ifive.20130114.155152:eng/ifive-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.51 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
Flash with Rockchip Batch tool, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have an iFive X to test it.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:hwa, hozza
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I just got an FNF iFive X in the mail yesterday and flashed the rom. Much cleaner then stock that's for sure. The only issue I had was with the video player crashing when attempting to watch avi's. I downloaded a different player that works so no real problem. The unlock screen still has Chinese characters with the time and location for ShenZhen and I do not see a way to change the settings. Over all a nice clean rom.
Most Users Ever Online: 803
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (52), Phone (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech