|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.4.2 KitKat rooted custom firmware for the FNF iFive 3 tablet. This firmware is based on an iFive firmware 2.0.0 dated 2014/01/06.
Linux Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (root@five-server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #4 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 6 14:44:53 CST 2014
Android build: IFive/rk3188/rk3188:4.4.2/KOT49H/eng.root.20140106.145934:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.93 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- disabled OTA updates (may cause problems)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- added Google Experience Launcher (GEL) in addition to PiPO's stock launcher
- use optional package to fix broken apps (Contacts/People and Calendar sync)
- temporary fix for multi-user support, please check here
- optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Use Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7 to flash the firmware, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have an iFive 3 to test it.
I didn't tested deeply but everything seem to work.
Just the memory management is terrible. I don't think is your rom anyway...
As I start opening apps the pages scrolling slows down: 2gb seem to be uneffective.
I'm trying to have a decent browsing with no luck. The animation at scrolling is not smooth as it could.
I've got also a VoyoA15 (11.6" 1080p Exynos5520) and a Alps HD-89 (7" 720p Mtk6589) and they are butter smooth in browsing.
Pixel density is a key factor for me. The Voyo (when it works ) is even faster than my Ipad3.
I'm not a technician but maybe a retina display is really too much for rk3188/mali400...
Dolphin, chrome, browser boat, firefox, puffin... no one is smooth. The stock browser is the best overall.
I've tried all the roms I could find: mad86 422 & 442, stock 422 & 442 and kasty 422 & 442. They all are about equal at browsing. I'm trying to obtain the "2222" rom from 5fans.com.cn but is hard to accomplish the long login procedure in chinese (!!)
The best ( in browsing ) seems to be "mad86 422" and "Kasty 422".
I hope you can find a way to improve this good tablet. I know it's cheap but it has great hardware for its price. I hope FNF will realese soon a better kitkat rom.
Tell me if I can help you somehow.
Sorry for my poor english...
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (102), Phone (6), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech