|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the Cube U9GT5 (aka Cube U9GTV) tablet based on latest official update version 1.0 from Cube (U9GT5_RK3188_V1.0_20130315.zip). This firmware works only on the Cube U9GT5 Core4 (quad-core RK3188 based model).
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (chenwei@I7-CH) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #592 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 15 09:49:14 HKT 2013
Android 4.1 JB: rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.1.1/JRO03H/20130314.211515:eng/release-keys
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.25 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- 2 GB space for applications (/data partition)
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.6 or later (for RK3188 based tablets).
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Cube U9GT5 RK3188 model to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:mml78, vm4, Gaurav, netzotov
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Just asked my wife to grab one for me in China who was there on business. Beautiful Screen! So crisp and clear and very dark to very bright brightness settings. Pretty fast overall, but also bits of lag and slowness. I understand that the tons of pixels are slowing up the CPU and GPU, but I also know that this rk3188 is pretty much at the top of the class for quad cpu now. Hope they can give us, or someone can give us, better firmware to take full advantage of this cpu. I have been on the rk3066 and loved it, no lag, great speed, decent battery life...so I know what rk3188 should be capable of.
Have you installed the drivers ?
Did you got the tablet in flashing mode ?
We advise people to use RESTORE and not UPGRADE.
Drivers, are not a problem... the flashtool recognizes the device... it is the firmware it is having a problem.
Now - since this did not work, I had to try different things...
So I copied the firmware, onto the root of the tablet, and as soon as the home button was pressed, it (the tablet) asked me that an update was present - update or not, I said Yes...
It rebooted into recovery, and installed the new firmware !! nice and simple, it worked !!
Whats more, the user data seemed to have been saved...
Whatever, it is - I am loving it
I tried the recovery option but couldn't get the drivers installed on my Win7 64 bit Think pad. So tried what Alok did and sure enough the tablet picked up the new update.zip and asked for it to be flashed.
Benchmark results we're in fact opposite to what th0ms says. Getting 14900 + something.
1. Old OS 4.1, wish they could at least release 4.2
2. There is a lot of lag, guess this is what you get for buying Chinese. Wish that Cube would give better firmware to solve the issue but it may be because of the RAM or screen res.
3. Screen is very nice, look of tablet is very nice.
4. Weight wise it seems to be as heavy as iPad3
5. Battery life seems to be good. Not done a thorough test though
1. 0 lag
2. Someone to develop Cynogenmod, even if its 4.1
Comparatively the T7 would have been a better buy or may be even the Ramos W30HD or W42 which comes with Exynos CPU. The temptation of a good screen was my deciding factor hoping that lag wouldn't have been so bad
None the less, I will have to live with this for a year at minimum.
Few more inputs on this tablet. I had noticed lag while using swype and also while surfing the web. Yesterday I installed RAM booster since I noticed that my available memory is always hovering around 600 MB. So thought that this should be a major reason for the lag. With RamB I removed apps that I could live without such as FB etc. Removed all widgets and icons from my home screen, reduced the home screen to only one. I see a decent improvement now. Additionally since my tab is rooted. I also installed antutu CPU controller to increase my minimum CPU speed to 1200.
I say its much better now than before.
One more thing, the icon and default DPI was not attractive hencei'm using DPI changer to set DPI to 260.
I've written a mail to support at cube store requesting better firmware, hope they will answer and respond positively.
Ok, I have now been using this tablet for well over 10 days now... here are my impressions.
1. The battery is awesome. Keep your screen brightness, to the lowest level that is comfortable to you (I found that, except when playing video and in Sun, the lowest level is good), the batteries lasted well over 1.5 days, with about 4-5 hrs of usage every day.
2. With full brightness, which actually u need to turn down, if in darker place and playing video, the battery lasts about 5-6 hours. It takes about 1.5 hrs to charge up to full glory.
3. The screen rez and vividity is super, you will fall in love with it.
4. Using it with BT keyboard, and my entire operations of a laptop now working great.
5. Bought a Btooth headphone and the music, audio is super.
6. Before the Kasty rom, the factory rom gave 14,990 as the antutu store. Post Kasy dropped to 14k, now sometimes even at 12,900 - Why ? No idea ?
7. I have 64gb, flash Sd card inserted, and it is so cool.
8. Speed, stability, use is very comfortable - appears to be very smooth, very stable and definitely good quality feel.
9. It has pushed the other tablets, I own to side and is fast becoming my device of choice.
Not so good things
1. Swype had to be taken off - swype and web browsers are just not working on this device.
2. Xbmc does not work - keeps crashing.
3. The speaker volume is low - you can get decent quality, if you use MX player
4. The earphone pin seems to be either of diff size or incompatible with most of the cables I have tried. Gave up.
5. The free RAM reporting seems to be running into some trouble, the system is ok, but the reporting seems to be of concern.
The following users say thank you to aloksinha2001 for this useful post:admin
Hello, thank you for this firmware,
some help for those who cannot install the rockhip usb drivers:
for me it doesnot wanted work too
you have to try again to hold down the buttons and connect the usb cable, than check the device manager in windows.
For me it showed u9gtV first (and the tablet showed an "opened" android robot), and it didnot accepted the usb drivers.
I tried to connect the tablet again, and this time the tablet screen remained black and windows showed up an unknown device. I was able to install the rockchip usb drivers for that unkown device.
i have windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks for the new firmware, and I install it via a lazy way, place image in the root directory, may be I shouldn't do it this way. But never mind, too late now.
Once installed, every time it boot up, it had a broken screen image, then into Cube logo image, then boot up correctly, and it does work...
But I have a problem, I am unable to get into "Boot Reset mode anymore", may be I done it wrong, can anyone help?
I have tried the following,
1. Pressing Vol+ for a few seconds, then release. But nothing happen.
2. Pressing Vol+ & power button for a long time, see Android logo (with ! on panel), once release power button, nothing happen.
If anyone know how to get it into reboot mode, please help...
Thanks in advance.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (107), Phone (5), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech