|Latest product reviews|
Here is an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rooted firmware for the Cube U39GT it is based on latest official firmware version 1.06 published on 2013/11/23.
( U39GT_V1.06_20130928_WIN8_UI.zip U39GT_V1.06_20130928_WIN8_UI.img )
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.36+ (cb@cb-eyes) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #77 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 27 16:39:19 CST 2013
Android 4.2.2 JB: u39gtm/u39gtm/u39gtm:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.cb.20130813.120608:eng/opinions-on-teclast-p90hdst-keys
Manufacturer revision history:
Optimize system power management to extend battery life.
Custom firmware features:
- root with latest SuperSU version 1.75 (free version)
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible
- updated busybox v1.21.0.git (2012-11-29)
- Unix like init.d boot scripts support, more details on init.d scripts here
- changed permissions on external sdcard to allow write access
- increased space for applications (/data partition) to 4 GB
- added Android 4.2 AOSP stock launcher
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, xpad) compiled by Oma & Crew RKTablets, thank guys!
- NEW! : optional ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery easy install package
Flash with Rockchip Batch Tool version 1.7, use Restore button.
Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware works as I don't have a Cube U39GT tablet to test the custom firmware.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:manu_katz, Vicar in a Tutu, JugeHuge, zhoreb, retrorat1, Gravi, killain, nujames10, ikec, Scypatz, 3oscar3
That's correct, as post #1 says, a default Android launcher has been added. There may be some Win8UI bits still there in menus like settings, but it's not recommended to change that.
Also I don't have a Cube U39GT myself so I can't check my custom firmware, feedback is welcome.
Different product name, probably different device, I don't recommend flashing a firmware that is not designed for your tablet. We'll probably build a custom firmware for the U30GTV/U30GT5 once Cube has made the stock firmware available.
The following users say thank you to admin for this useful post:nauta
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144, Hodgy, Maestro88
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (121), Phone (10), Tablet (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech