|Latest product reviews|
The link is here:
- Note: This WILL wipe your /data/ partition AND your internal SD storage. So use a backup app if you're concerned with keeping apps and data.
Additionally, I haven't been able to get ADB working as of yet, but I'm still working on that. It used to work with PdaNet but I'm having problems with that now
It was released September 5, 2013. I've attached a few screen shots of it. It's MUCH smoother than 4.1.1 was, you'll notice that immediately. I've only been using it a few hrs but here are a few immediate changes I've noticed:
- They shrunk the available SD storage to 12.5gb but boosted the device storage to 2gb(up from 1gb)
- Even though it's almost as vanilla as it gets, they custom skinned it so that the status/notification bar in on the bottom(as opposed to the top right & left corners) and the home/back/app switch are on the bottom left as opposed to bottom center
- They made changes to the build.prop(i'm assuming) so that market apps that were unavailable before(such as instagram) are now available
- I don't remember if wireless display was an option if 4.1.1 but it's there in 4.2.2
- Touch Screen seems to be much more responsive. Still not perfect but noticably better
- 0 Chinese apps are installed(matter of fact, there are barely any apps installed at all)
- My battery meter used to skip %. It would say 75% for 2 hrs, then suddenly drop to 48%...it doesn't SEEM to be doing that any more
- Definite better 3D performance. Literally 2x better. On 4.1.1 I was pulling 8-10 fps in the Antutu benchmarks, but in 4.2.2 I'm getting 14-20 fps (60-65fps in Quadrant)
- I was rooted before the upgrade and am still rooted now. That said, I don't know if it's pre-rooted or it simply kept my root from before the upgrade.
I'm sure there are more things, this is just the stuff I've noticed right off the bat. Antutu score for me was like 18,205 which is pretty good. Especially considering devices like the Note 2(which are quad-core w/2gb of ram) are barely beating it.
I am not sure this custom firmware is for the same device, but you may have a look:
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: jfcc1971
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (69), Phone (10), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech