Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
Hi, I've received today this tablet, and I have a question.
1) Charging tablet, does this tablet charge itself when it's turned off or does it only when is turned on? Because I've tried to charge it when is completely turned off and it doesn't show anything.
2) Which firmware do you suggest to install? Actually I have an original 1.03 version, I've seen on this forum the 1.05 modified version. Consider that I'm using this tablet just for watching video should I install this one or the 4.2 beta?
3) Video, I've seen just the two music videos installed on the tablet, but they seems quite laggy to me. Does anyone else have this problem?
2) Had the 1.05 for a few days, now on 4.2.2 beta as of 2013/04/25. As I use the tab mostly for streaming / watching video I can say there´s no playback hassles on the beta and there were none on 1.05, so I guess it´s a matter of things like battery runtime et al.
3) on stock 1.03 the "stock"-videos seemed a bit jerky for me,too. But my .x264 ran fine ever since, be it 720p or 1080p. Don´t have much experience with 1.03, though, more like 2 hours...
just my 2 cents
The problem is that I've tried 3 different firmware, the 1.03, the 1.05 and the 4.2.2 beta, and they have the same low frame rate for video (any codec possible, x264, xvid, 1080p, 720p).
I've compared the same video on my nexus 7 and the cube and you can tell the difference (if possible I'll upload a video).
What do you mean with battery runtime?
Sorry, I didn't understand
I received the tablet only 2 days ago, so i can't really tell about the battery.
I think that if this tablet plays videos so bad I'm going to request a replacement or a refund.
I don't thinks is an hardware problem, i had a single core tablet once (ainol novo 7) who played everything!
Hello everybody, I found a possible solution to play every kind of video.
Thanks to an user in another forum I've tried Bs Player, and this program can play every codec just fine.
One more thing, I think that this tablet can play fine only with H264 codec like this one LINK. I played it with the stock player and was good! Btw every other codec video (X264, xvid, etc) is very laggy.
Hope this could help!
I'm using kasty-cube rom which allows you to switch between hd and standard display. I've found that movies run better in standard. They seem jerky in hd mode.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (68), Phone (10)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech