|Latest product reviews|
I've a new Cube UG0GT-H which will not download apps from the Andriod Play Store.
I click on the update, the 'Downloading' message shows but I get no progress indicator just the fast moving dots on a blue line.
I can access the web ok.
I've updated the OS to the recent V1.07 release and Andriod from 4.04 to 4.1.1 in the process.
I've cleared the Google Play Store data and cache.
I've trying updating using wifi and ethernet.
We've a TP-Link WR1043ND router.
I've tried connecting directly to the modem.
Today when I was at a colleague's house using his wifi all the Apps updated perfectly
Our internet is slow, whereas his is 4-5 times faster.
Can anyone shed any light ???
Would appreciate some guidance.
Based on your story, there seems to be a problem or incompatibility between your Wi-FI Access Point and your tablet. Maybe that's worth trying to change encrypting and/or Wi-FI channel on the AP to see if the situation improves.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I tried changing a few modem & router settings this morning and completely screwed up the network setup – the router wouldn’t see the mode (a Vigor 120) and we couldn’t get on the internet at all.
Despite hours of trying and some phone assistance I had no joy.
My wife, who runs a business from home, [forcefully] gave me the incentive to go out and buy another modem/router.
I bought a Linksys WAG320N, the same as my colleague’s.
At home the internet was restored within 15 minutes and, even better, my tablet now downloads ok from the Android App Store.
So, problem solved - anyone want to buy a Vigor 120 modem and/or a TP-Link router
I'm sorry I did not see that thread earlier. Could have saved the OP the cost of the new modem.
I had the same exact issue in my cottage house, where I use a Draytek 2700 modem, but I knew it was a modem problem since none of our 4 Android devices would download anything from Play Store.
It seems the infernal thing wants the DNS addresses manually input in the modem configuration.
I wish that made sense to me, but anyhow the problem's solved now. Networking seems such a black art.
I got to the point where I'd changed one setting or another and the PC was failing to ping the modem even when the modem was plugged directly (no router) into the back of the PC.
Having a wife whose internet sales business is at risk is sufficient incentive to rationalise and simplify my internet access = but a new modem/router.
Knew it wasn't a good day when one of the cows escaped first thing.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: olimar27285, Dreamkiller
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (114), Phone (11), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech