|Latest product reviews|
Chuwi released a KitKat test firmware for the 1st gen V88/V88s:
- generation 2 loader v2.10
- selinux kernel bob #107 preempt 20.03.2014
- build 20.03.2014
This will generate frequently trouble for the user. Changing between firmware that comes
with gen1 loader (v1.24) and firmware that comes with gen2 loader (v2.10) needs to start
the tab in mask-rom modus.
However, we are here to demonstrate what is possible
V88 by Oma KitKat build v3.0
- stock 4.4.0 recovery
- system ext4
- selinux kernel #107
- internal storage 4,0 GB
- ethernet support
- init.d support
- gameloft compatible
- USB-Hub enabled
- gamepad compatible (PS2, XBox, ...)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio)
- latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
- Reboot Menue, Pimp my Rom, FX Sound
- Dateimanager HD (Root)
- Nova Launcher
- higher performance > disable all animation scales in developer options
- control Play-Store > disable auto-updates
- battery drain > set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
- full access to the build > enable /system rw in File Manager HD
- load kernel modules > enable init.d ON in Pimp my Rom (load from Play Store)
- don't show su notifications > disable in Superuser
- to prettify the build use Xposed Framework > Starter Pack
- to do a Nandroid-backup use CWM recovery (flash via RKAndroidTool, tick parameter and recovery)
Flash instructions are included in the download pack.
Please read carefully to understand of how to change between gen1 and gen2 loader.
Be aware: it is your own risk!
- Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:Youpyfr, foreverking
I try this to my aoson m 33 like all oma rom but
huhh? What did Oma post above?
Do not flash this firmware into other tabs then 1st generation V88/V88s!
Is this not a clear warning?
No you can not edit a kernel. Are kernel sources published by Aoson?
btw: which build works best on the M33?
- Oma -
i dont know if there is a source where i can find this source
all ifive mini3 rom made by you work 100/100
small change in sensor and resolution
wifi work perfectly + battery + camera all working without no modification
i try the original 4.4.2 rom of mini 3 but its not boot
also i try m6pro its boot all work but touchscreen work crazy
I guess there is no change. Try to investigate further on threads for sticks. These guys are having much more experience with that subject.
- Oma -
kolk11: Thought this was worth mentioning.
Ever since i've had my V88S it would crash or lockup/ freeze after using it for a while. Antutu made it crash every time. Only when i put my cpu speed to 1,4 antutu would run ok, so there seemed to be a hardware issue. Tried different roms but no solution.
That's why i never used the tablet. it just wouldnt run good.
When I read there was a new KitKat rom I thought I would give it a try. Flash was flawless but took a long time!
Now after flashing oma's kitkat 3.1 with the new boot loader it runs at 1.6 without any problems. Tablet is fast and snappy. So I thougt lets try out antutu now. And what do u think? IT runs without problems at 1.6 getting a score of 18500. Since the V88S has only 1GB Ram this is quite good!
THanks to OMA!!!
This is great news for other user!
- Oma -
Do you mean slow or weak signal range?
- Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:brancooo
Instructions are included in the download pack.
- Oma -
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: arabou
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (109), Phone (11), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech