|Latest product reviews|
WARNING: new V17HD do have a RK3128. Pls check: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arctablet.cpucheck
This is the first custom firmware for the new Chuwi V17HD, currently sold in China for 48 USD / 35 EUR ...
.... 7-Zoll-Tablet, 1.024 x 600 Pixel, RK3188 Quad Core, 500 MB RAM, 8 GB NAND Flash, KitKat 4.4.2
Build will work for tabs with 0,5 GB and 1 GB RAM.
There is a new hardware revisions in the field: no HDMI port and instead of this volume rockers. Do NOT flash this firmware!
V17HD by Oma KitKat build v3.3 - bugfix touchscreen
V17HD by Oma KitKat build v3.4 - based on dumped firmware 20140808
V17HD by Oma KitKat build v3.5 - special build, which allows wifi always on
stock mount for v3.4/v3.5 (just exchange the files in the flash-pack)
– stock 4.4.0 recovery, CWM 188.8.131.52 recovery
– system ext4
– selinux kernel hlq #396 [v3.1], weng #17 [v3.2], weng #504 [v3.3], weng #626 [v3.4, v3.5]
– internal storage 2,0 GB
– internal storgae 4,0 GB and swapped mounts (up to 32GB for game data) [v3.4, v3.5]
– device spoofed as Nexus 7 [v3.2]
– ethernet support
– init.d support [v3.2]
– gameloft compatible
– USB-Hub enabled
– gamepad compatible (PS2, XBox, …)
– kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio)
– latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
– Reboot Menue, sEFix, FX Sound
– Dateimanager HD (Root)
– Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher
– to improve UI feeling: disable all animation scales in developer options,
...use Nova launcher and set animation/scroll to "faster than light" and
...enable Entropy Fixer with value 256
– battery drain > set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
– full access to the build > enable /system rw in File Manager HD
– don't show su notifications > disable in Superuser
– to prettify the build use Xposed Framework > Starter Pack
– to enable multi-user use the Xposed module Multi User
Flash instructions are included in the download pack.
>>> Pls make sure to execute eraseIDB first in RKAndroidTool.
- to start the tab into flash-modus boot the tab and press Switch in RKAndroidTool or hold Power and Reset until "Found ..." is shown.
- use of CWM: wipe up/down to scroll - Power to execute - wipe right to go back
This is a gen2 loader firmware.
Be aware: it is your own risk!
– Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:admin, dekano, rusbear, adamson, PrEzi, neiliewheeliebin, SANGER_A2, bluemask, petrolito
Wow! this is amazing how fast you turned this one around Oma.
Any idea if the HDMI output supports true 1080p or is it only a case of 600 lines that are upscaled to 1080 lines? Reason why I am asking is that I was looking for a TV stick for one TV but if this can play 1080p it is all I need (and I get a screen for the same price). 2.0 audio is fine for TV speakers.
This is not a stick, it is a tab with HDMI 1080p
And no, one cannot buy it yet.
- Oma -
How do you use CWM on a tab without volume buttons?
Please ignore this question. I see the later versions also include touchscreen. Probably need a pen or something since the print is so dense and small that I am having difficulty to read it on my "retina" display. My finger is way too thick
Yes. Touch or usb-mouse.
- Oma -
Ok, it is a RK3188T
RK3188T is limited to 1,4 GHz max.
Looks like a high Q standard.
Wifi is surprisingly good.
5 point touch.
Accu Capacity = 11.1 Wh / 3,7 V = 3000 mAh
Charging also via USB
- PCB: T-Chip TR7088V10 2014.02.13 WGB
- SoC: RK3188T
- Touchcontroller: icn85xx
- Wifi: nmc1000
- Audio: rk616
- Sensor: stk831x
- Keypad: Power = 116
- Cam: gc0308
- HDMI: rk616
- Clock: hym8563
- Flash: 1x 8192 MB
- Akku capacity: 3000 mAh
- Oma -
Update post #1 with build v3.2.
– latest kernel weng #17 preempt 14.03.2014
– device spoofed as Nexus 7
– native init.d support
– correction of some overlays
– full gapps package incl. google now launcher
Antutu score is now about 17.800 (plus about 1.000 compared to build v3.1).
NenaMark2 is now about 65 fps (plus about 8 fps compared to build v3.1).
- Oma -
Let me see your hardware. Pls upload a dmesg log.
- Oma -
The following users say thank you to Oma7144 for this useful post:facugr
Here it is! Thank you in advance http://pastebin.com/FzMhW860
I buy this tablet in tinideal and i receive it in a few days, one of the reason to buy was this rom and know that are people like you work to improve user experience. (I read in other topics the problem of compatibilities with most apps in google play and i think you resolved this with "device spoofed as Nexus 7")
When come i install this rom quickly. If you want some testers in future tell me.
Sorry for my english, i am spanish :SS XDDD
I've just got the tablet and reflashed it with build 3.2. Everything seems fine except that I just noted that if I keep the tablet in portrait orientation the buttons in the bottom do not work. Same thing with the stock launcher and with Nova Launcher. When I turn the tablet into landscape mode, everything works fine. Is it normal?
I just flashed the firmware but didnot flash the recovery yet. Not sure if I need it.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: lichtenshtein
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (133), Phone (8)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech