|Latest product reviews|
First of all, let me congratulate you on your fine work! Great roms, great developers. I hope you'll be able to illuminate me with my issue:
I have a Polaroid MID9748 motherboard (no volume buttons) which i'd like to use as a tv dongle via a HDMI cable.
The motherboard wouldn't boot, so I read this thread and after flashing the firmware from here (with stock kernel from here and 8gb parameter) got it to boot into CWM. Unfortunately, the hardware keys are not responding and i don't have OTG function - mouse/keyboard not active when connected. I tried like 20 times.
So the issue is that i get stuck in CWM, and i can't flash the format NAND zip package (http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1429).
As a last resort, i tried running the "recovery --update_package=/tmp/format.zip" command via ADB, but after the reboot it gets stuck with the android recovery screen (like here).
If i unplug and replug power, the tablet resumes back to MASKROM mode, and i have to reflash if i want to try again.
I also tried installing CM10.1, and the main difference was that when running the "recovery --update_package=/tmp/format.zip" command from adb, it restarted to the CWM confirmation mode like here and one time i COULD use the HOME button on the tablet to click the first option. But i can't go down to select the YES option.. so no use. Power button does nothing.
So my questions are:
1. Is there any CWM version without the confirmation dialog, so that when i run the command from ADB it will just flash the zip without prompt?
2. Is there any way to get my kernel to have the OTG function enabled on boot, so that i can use mouse/keyboard in CWM?
3. Is there any way to have CMW automatically run the format_NAND script on boot after i flash with RKAndroidTool? (like, look for it on the SDcard or something and flash it).
4. Is there any way to boot into CWM recovery every time i unplug the power after i flash? (as opposed to it booting into CWM after the flashing and on reboot it goes to MASKROM mode)
5. Do you think i have any chance of making this work, as i'm not really a software engineer? I took a look at the kernel code and it all seemed gibberish to me :">.
Sorry for the long post, but i hope i was detailed enough. Thanks!
Try to flash the build with this stock recovery: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=910. It will format the user partitions without further action. Just change the file in folder rockdev/Images.
- Oma -
If you like our firmwares, please consider making a donation to support our work.
Thank you so much for your help!
Your suggestion was right on spot. The flash was formatted and i got it to boot in Android.
Unfortunately, it seems that the mobo was actually defective, as after it booted into the launcher, a couple of minutes in it froze, and i had to restart. It restarted to a black screen, and when connected to usb, it was in MASKROM mode. So yea.. Hardware issues.
I actually changed the flash chip on the mobo, but to no avail. It was behaving the same. I'm done with it.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (113), Phone (7)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech