|Latest product reviews|
I got myself a U30GT-H and want to share my experiences of it with the latest CM10.1. If there is a demand for easy to use packages and instructions for this device, and developments on the CM10.1 image for rk30board, I will create those.
What to install in the image:
- Base image: 1.3.3 http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1041
- Replace kernel: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=812
- The ClockWorkMod CWM recovery image included works well, no need to replace
What to install in CWM:
- Format internal NAND fix (otherwise your ~27GB internal storage partition will not work): http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=920
- HDMI settings fix (otherwise HDMI settings will not show up): http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1053
- IntSD to NAND fix (otherwise Android thinks your microSD card is internal): http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=485 (not mentioned on the CM10.1 on rk30board page)
- Hardware accelerated video playback 1080p
- Most other day-to-day functions
What does not work:
- Device encryption (not even enabled)
- Bluetooth will pair with other devices but no connections can be made, so in essence it is broken (logcat available)
- At least some SD Cards will not work and the tablet wakes up from sleep with an error "SD card unexpectedly removed" - the same cards work on stock based roms
- WiFi ad hoc networking
- Minor graphic glitch when switching display orientation
- For a CM rom, it comes with quite a lot of unnecessary personalization, apps and tweaks that could be installed separately as users see fit
- CPU Tweaks
- File Manager HD which fails on some simple operations, instead of CM File Manager
- MX Player which works well (arguably needed but still requires separate installation of codec)
- Nova Launcher, alongside CM Trebuchet
- Pimp My Rom
- USB Host Controller
- Some other less intrusive apps that you can find under Settings-> Apps -> All
- Beyond that, one tool of choice for arguably necessary system operations is installed
- RebootMenu, to enable rebooting to recovery which is not available in the Power menu
Send me a message if you want more things to be tested, or additions to this post.
Thanks! It thought I was missing something when looking just in the Power menu settings.
It seems this forum is not set to allow edits after some time/session so I can't correct it to my above post. I will likely have to move any future instructions to another forum to manage updates...
Logcat with bluetooth error for anyone interested:
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144, MiGHT.
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (121), Phone (15), Tablet (7)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech