|Latest product reviews|
I got myself a U30GT-H and want to share my experiences of it with various roms. While CM 10.1 is newer, it is functionally inferior to this image, see http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3066-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/cube-u30gt-h-cm10-1-testing/.
What to install in the image:
- Base image: cRom 3.2 http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=675
- Replace kernel: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=812
- The ClockWorkMod CWM recovery image included works well, no need to replace
What to install in CWM:
- Format internal NAND fix (otherwise your ~27GB internal storage partition will not work): http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=670
- IntSD to NAND fix (otherwise Android thinks your microSD card is internal): http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=683
- Hardware accelerated video playback 1080p
- SD Cards
- HDMI settings out of the box
- Most other day-to-day functions
What does not work:
- Device encryption (not even enabled)
- WiFi ad hoc networking
- There are quite a lot of unnecessary personalization, apps and tweaks that could be installed separately as users see fit
- Awesome BEATS Audio
- Bluetooth file transfer
- Bluetooth GPS
- Fresh networks
- Kernel tuner
- MX Player which works well (arguably needed but still requires separate installation of codec)
- Nova Launcher, alongside AOSP Launcher
- USB Host Controller
- Volume+ FREE
- Some other less intrusive apps that you can find under Settings-> Apps -> All
- Beyond that, some tools of choice for arguably necessary system operations are installed
- RebootMenu, to enable rebooting to recovery which is not available in the Power menu
- File Manager HD, as the only file manager
The following users say thank you to shadoweel for this useful post:ri9000
Thanks for this great summary shadoweel.
I'm planning to make an "update.img" style update of this firmware to make the installation process a little easier for those not familiar with CWM, also thinking about leaving only the necessary apps, the rest could be downloaded from Google Play Store.
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
I also noted that having extra apps that do not have Google Play packages installed in system, will effectively block them from being updated with F-Droid and other repositories. This is due to the fact that the app would need to be uninstalled first because it has a different signature, and uninstalling is not possible as it is installed in system.
In this image, AdAway and TalkBack fall into this category.
Now, if only there was some way to enable device encryption in the image it would be pretty much complete...
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (116), Phone (17), Tablet (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech