|Latest product reviews|
I've successfully installed CrewRKTablets CM10.1 on Prestigio PMP7280C. Original ROM was 4.1.1, lagged badly after bootup for minutes.
I use Linux on my desktop, so I used rkflashtool for flashing. So I didn't use the windows tools, and flashed only boot.img and system.img from the CM10.1 zip.
Here is what I have done:
1. Flashed a CWM recovery from androtab.info which is for PMP5880D. It works nicely on the 7280C.
2. flashed the CM10.1 boot.img using rkflashtool.
3. created and flashed a new parameter file, as the CM10.1 system.img is bigger than the factory system mtd partition:
Original system partition from cmdline: 0x000F0000@0x003E2000(system)
New system partition from cmdline: 0x00140000@0x003E2000(system)
The start of the user partition then went from 0x004D2000 to 0x00522000.
4. flashed system.img using dd in CWM recovery mode adb shell. Somehow it didn't want to work if I flashed it via bootloader mode and rkflashtool.
5. formatted cache, data, sdcard from CWM, and ran OMA format nand in CWM.
6. Android booted, but everything was upside down no matter how I rotated the tablet, and there was a circular cursor on screen which I could move via touch, but depending on the rotation, it either moved with my touch or against it. And no wifi.
7. I flashed CrewRKTablets_CM10.1_v1.3.2_model fix_pmp5880d_2.zip that fixed the touch and wifi problem.
8. I flashed CrewRKTablets_RK30_CM10.1_sensor_x=-y_y=x_z=z.zip that fixed the screen rotation issue.
9. I flashed CrewRKTablets_CM10.1_camera_rotation_fix.zip to fix camera rotation.
Thanks for OMA and CrewRKTablets for providing us aftermarket roms. It is a shame that the manufacturers are only interested in us until sales.
The only thing that doesn't work is the USB 3G stick Huawei E173u-2. It does the USB modeswitch, the triangle indicator is displayed in CM10.1, but it doesn't show any bars, and the led on it doesn't show that it is connected to the 3G network.
The same stick works fine with OMA AOSP 4.2.2 on the same tablet.
Thank you for feedback. Did you try it with the included PPP widget?
- Oma -
If you like our firmwares, please consider making a donation to support our work.
Yes, we have tried it with the PPP widget, and it kinda works. Normally, the PPP widget can't find the port, if we manually put in the correct /dev/ttyUSBX, then it works. And there are many USB disconnects in dmesg.
We have two PMP7280C, one with CM10.1 at a parent (they will need the USB 3G connectivity), the other one is running AOSP 4.2.2, and that is mine.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: peejaygee21, Maestro88
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (126), Phone (10), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech