Forum switched to read-only as of 2020/06/01
|Latest product reviews|
this is a KitKat build for Sumvision Cyclone Odyssey 7. Build is for RTL8188 wifi
– stock 4.4.0 recovery, CWM 220.127.116.11 recovery
– system ext4
– selinux kernel
– unified internal storage
– device spoofed as Nexus 7
– ethernet support
– init.d support
– gameloft compatible
– USB-Hub enabled
– gamepad compatible (PS2, XBox, …)
– kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio)
– latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
– Reboot Menue, sEFix, FX Sound
– Dateimanager HD (Root)
– Nova Launcher
- to improve UI feeling disable all animation scales in developer options
– to improve battery drain set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
– to get full access to the build enable /system rw in File Manager HD
– to disable su notifications change notification in su app
– to prettify the build use Xposed Framework > Starter Pack
– to enable multi-user use the Xposed module Multi Users
Flash instructions are included in the download pack.
Be aware: it is your own risk!
– Oma -
No feedback here? Can sombody post a dmesg log?
- Oma -
Hi, I'm developing a custom ROM for this device. I used your ROM and modified few bits in the system.img (using xubuntu, logged as root). I tried to remove NovaLauncher, here's my shell script:
mount -t ext4 -o loop system.img android_sys/
# remove nova launcher
ORIGTS=`stat -c "%Y" android_sys/app`
touch -d @$ORIGTS android_sys/app
Now after I low format the device and flash everything back (including system.img) the device starts fine and boots up, system loads up fine, Launcher3 is used (no prompt for a default launcher).
The problem starts with subsequent boots, I have noticed following unwanted behavior:
1. sometimes the device boots to the system, but the top statusbar and bottom navbar are completely hidden, it is not possible to drag down the statusbar or use SW keys (home, back, ...)
2. device is stuck in booting animation.
My q is: can NovaLauncher be removed from system.img as it seems that its removal is causing some issues? Or do you think it is something else that can be causing this odd behavior (e.g. mangled system.img ext4 partition?)
No, I guess you have some other things corrupted. Can I have a dmesg from a fresh boot?
- Oma -
Hi, after a very lengthy trial/error session, I found that the poblem was in a "corrupted" bootanimation.zip file. For some very odd reason, the tablet would end up in a boot loop if the animation was set this way:
1024 600 25
p 0 0 part0
And 50 png images in part0. Please note that the problem was not the png image format, but the number of images in an animation part. As soon as I used 53 images the problem was gone ...
Anyways, thanks for this custom ROM, works flawlessly so far. I noticed that there was a particular battery drain reported by 'Mobile Standby' so I removed the telephony service (since it is a WiFi tablet only) and the system is still stable so far.
May I asked again for dmesg log? Thank you in anticipation!
- Oma -
Linux on the tab or Linux to flash the build?
- Oma -
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: xstomper
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (83), Phone (9), Tablet (1)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech