|Latest product reviews|
I posted a request a few months ago for a help to upgrade to ICS but somehow I'm afraid I did'nt put my question properly, since then I have been hospitalized fror a approx 2 months so I'll try again .
I have an Archos Arnova g2 with a 32 gig sd card, I'd like to upgrade to ICS for various reasons and I was wondering if anyone can offer me step by step instructions as to how to do it using the right software etc, I can use a pc ok but the Tablet baffles me slightly insofar I get confused as to how to do the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated . Many thanks
there is an upgrade for the 9g2 (look on the forum for it)
and someone has a 7g2 with ics but we do not have yet a rom dump from that.
tell us what arnova g2 you have ?
here you will find information on how to uphrade your tablet to ics
erm the video has no sound and the screen shot is hardly visible and the file it mentions comes back as a 404 error (zip) file
I would appriciate (if possible) some sort of flow chart and I dont even understand a rockchip I assume its a piece of hardware on the Archos motherboard see I'm getting more confuzeled now (hides in corner)
rockchip is a program that can be used in windows
there are no explanation in the video.
1) Get the firmware unpack it on your pc – somewhere you can easily access it
2) Get your device in recovery mode. Depending on your device there is different ways:
a) The flashing requires a USB connection between the Arnova and your PC. So plug in your micro/mini USB
b) Shutdown your device. It seems to make things easier if it is off.
c) For my Arnova 9 G2 I have to press Power and Menu button simultaneously. While holding the two buttons press the reset
button with a small pin. Continue to hold the Power and Menu button. (I do not know for how long you have to hold it so – I have held them for quite a while)
3) Windows should now tell you that an unknown device has been connected – BINGO. If the Arnova screen appears you gave done something wrong !
4) Depending on which windows you run you will have to install the respective usb driver for flashing. For me the quickest way was to go to -> Control-Panel -> System -> Device-Manager. You should now see the device with the yellow warning sign. Tell windows to provide your own driver for it through the "drivers" folder of the downloaded firmware directory. Once the install is complete windows will tell you that you have a new device attached. If you run into problems here have a look at the following thread which explains the rockchip flasher tool which is behind this:http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/flashing-arnova-g2-rockchip-2918-rockchip-flashing-tool/
5) Now to the actual flashing. Right-click the RK29Update.exe file. The context menu opens. Click on run as administrator. In the bottom line of the opening windows it should tell you "Found RKAndroid…." – if you get a "No Found RKAndroid" you have done something wrong. Go back to step 2.
6) Make sure the "Loader" tick-box is activated and "check the remove IDB" box,press run. Wait till the flashing is done. The tablet should reboot automatically.
Done ! Happy Flashing
read the forums, you will find everything you need.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144, weereew
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (131), Phone (9), Tablet (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech