|Latest product reviews|
I`m from Romania and I will show you a method (the only method known to me) to unbrick your Arnova 7h G3 tablet. This method allows you to reflash your tablet entirely, whether it is bricked or unbricked. So, let`s begin... (sorry for my poor English…)
You will need as follow:
1. An Arnova 7h G3 bricked or unbricked tablet, with its USB cable. It is NOT required to be fully charged tablet`s battery.
2. A x86 or x64 based PC (Intel, AMD), with one free USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 port
3. An image (.img file) of tablet`s operating system (Android 4.0.3 ICS)
4. A PC tool (flasher), that`s a program for PC, used to load the .img file into tablet
You will need to follow only 3 big steps:
STEP 1. Download tablet`s new firmware:
I have noticed that our Arnova 7h G3 tablet has the same characteristics with another tablet: Prestigio MultiPad 7.0 PRIME (Prestigio PMP 3270b). See the proof at http://arnovatech.com/products/g3/arn_7h/specs.html?country=vu&lang=en and http://www.prestigio.com/catalogue/Archive_products/Multipads/MultiPad_7.0_Prime
So, there is no reason why Prestigo`s tablet firmware does not fit on our Arnova tablet.
Download Prestigo`s tablet firmware (ROM) from here: http://yf.value4it.com/Service_Files/TabletPC/PMP3270B/
I have downloaded and used last version of firmware (PMP3270B_V1.0.12_20130311.zip). Unzip downloaded file anywhere on your PC. Inside it is the wanted image file (sun5i_android_me12_0012_20092_PMP3270B 0313.img).
STEP 2. Download the PC tool, the program used for flash your tablet:
That tool is a program called PhoenixUSBPro. Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgjzl3a9uo8nm1j/tool.zip
To use this tool, you should follow these little steps:
1. Unzip tool.zip and copy all the files and folders to folder C:\ROM reflash\ (if there is not a folder named as this, create it).
2. Copy firmware image file (sun5i_android_me12_0012_20092_PMP3270B 0313.img) to folder C:\ROM reflash\work\
3. Run (double click) C:\ROM reflash\PhoenixUSBPro.exe
4. Click on Key icon. Select key file as C:\ROM reflash\key\AW_Product.key
5. Click on Image icon (cube icon). Select firmware image file under C:\ROM reflash\work\sun5i_android_me12_0012_20092_PMP3270B 0313.img
6. Click "Start" button on PhoenixUSBPro. Status icon on right should turn green.
Your program is now ready to flash the tablet. Do not close the program; it will begin to flash automatically, as shown in the next step.
STEP 3. Flash your Arnova 7h G3 tablet:
Power off your tablet, holding the POWER button until the LED turns off. Then:
1. Press and hold tablet`s VOLUME+ button while connecting your tablet to computer through USB cable. When connected, press and release POWER button quickly for 5 times, then release VOLUME+ button.
2. Your computer will recognize new hardware. A pop up question will ask you to install driver, or, you can click on the un-recognized USB device icon in the system notification area to install the driver. When installing the driver, select browse for driver, locate driver folder to C:\ROM reflash\UsbDriver\. Check box "include subfolders" then click "Continue".
3. Allow the computer to install the driver.
4. After the drive is installed, PhoenixUSBPro should automatically begin to flash the ROM. When done (you should see green “FINISH” message), disconnect tablet. Charge tablet`s battery at least 20 minutes before power on.
5. Click on "Stop" before closing PhoenixUSBpro.exe
And, that`s that!
First time the tablet`s boot sequence will last longer than usually, but that`s normal.
The following users say thank you to spoondro for this useful post:admin
Thank you too for appreciation !
Actually, I don`t have anymore Arnova 7h G3 tablet, I sold it.
I have bought instead another tablet, most performant: EvoTab Duo HD, ultra-slim, with 7" HD display and dual core processor (this is not an advertisement !) .
I hope we`ll see soon, on another forum !
Goodbye and respect, Dan.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: tsv129
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (94), Phone (12)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech