|Latest product reviews|
FIRST LEARN WHAT IS ADB AND FASTBOOT FROM HERE AND INSTAL THE DRIVERS !!!!
AFTER THAT DOWNLOAD THE REQUIRED ROM FILES FROM THE DEVELOPERS TOPIC
Enable from your tablet (if it is working) the usb debugging function, connect to the pc and install the drivers, disconnect the tablet from the pc, and get it in fastboot mode.
The roms can be flashed via recovery or via fastboot
GET THE DEVICE IN FASTBOOT (SHUT DOWN THE DEVICE, CONNECT IT TO THE COMPUTER THRU THE USB CABLE AND PRESS THE POWER BUTON AND THE VOLUME KEY - it is minus here, the button that lowers the volume, IN THE SAME TIME TILL YOU SEE A 2 SECOND FLASH )
VERIFY IF THE DEVICE IS IN FASTBOOT USING THE COMMAND :
IF YOU HAVE A RESULT LIKE THIS
YOUR DEVICE IS IN FASTBOOT MODE
NOW LETS FLASH A ROM
USUALY THE ROM DEVELOPER PROVIDES A RECOVERY IMAGE, A SYSTEM IMAGE AND A BOOT IMAGE
THE RECOVERY IMAGE IS:
- A tool that helps you to flash new roms, to back-up current rom, to flash system updates, to partition the SD-card, to make a factory reset of the device, to flash different files like Google aps (gapps) or new drivers or applications.
THE SYSTEM IMAGE IS:
- How the name suggest is the core of the device, the operating system (Android OS)
THE BOOT IMAGE IS:
- It is formed from two parts, the kernel(the brain of the android wich controls the frequency of the processor and other things) and the ramdisk (that contains sets of instructions that control the system startup, begins the boot process and other operating asspects)
TO FLASH A RECOVERY IMAGE USE THE COMANDS:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery filename.img (USE DRAG AND DROP TO GET THE EXACT PATH AND NAME OF THE RECOVERY IMAGE)
TO FLASH A BOOT IMAGE USE THE COMANDS:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash boot filename.img (USE DRAG AND DROP TO GET THE EXACT PATH AND NAME OF THE BOOT IMAGE)
TO FLASH A SYSTEM IMAGE USE THIS COMANDS:
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system filename.img (USE DRAG AND DROP TO GET THE EXACT PATH AND NAME OF THE SYSTEM IMAGE)
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS DRAG AND DROP YOU SHOULD STOP USING A COMPUTER
The following users say thank you to globula_neagra for this useful post:spytheice
NOT USABLE AT THIS MOMENT DUE TO AN ERROR
For the people that are not so handy, and don`t know to adress commands in commander, you can use :
ARN FLASHER comppiled by DanielVD
Way of use:
- perform a factory reset (wipe dalvik,cache)
- download the archive
- launch the application "GUIFormExamples"
- the app should pop out on your screen
- choose the desired files to flash (you don`t need to flash the recovery everytime when you flash a new rom, the boot and the system needed always)
ENJOY THE NEW ROM
PS: YOU NEED TO HAVE INSTALED ANDROID SDK, ARNOVA DRIVERS, JAVA SDK
-you will find those in the post from above.
LE: USING THIS STEP YOU AVOID USING THE ADB AND FASTBOOT COMMANDS.
The following users say thank you to DanielVd for this useful post:dinoscri
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Online: Oma7144
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (114), Phone (14), Tablet (4)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech