|Latest product reviews|
The long waited system.img for your 7c g2 is finally here.
- disconnect tablet from all cables
- power off tablet
- press power-on+volume to enter fastboot mode
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot continue
Tadaa!! You're tablet should now work. See also my full-root boot.img
Actually yes I am seeing both the same issues, neither wifi or 3g work.
- 3g says insert sim card, and IMEI unknown in "settings > about device > status"
- wifi says "obtaining IP address" and gets stuck at that point, then does not ever connect.
Looking forward to the fixed version, thanks for your help!
Almost finished. SIM Card/3G works. For WLAN I need to retrieve two more files and that should be it. (though this is a bit tricky).
That's excellent, good work, you're fast! I also have another fully working untouched/unmodified 7c G2 which I could use if it will be of help in any way 🙂
Done - download image from link above. Changes:
- fix SIM Card/3G
- added applications*:
- es file explorer
- chat on (Sammys* free chat application)
- app installer (can export .apk to SD)
- WiFi works, but not out-of-the-box, here's what to do:
go to: Settings > Wireless > WLAN-Settings > press menu-button (||| on device) > Advanced > Use static IP
use the following settings:
- IP: 192.168.1.253
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- DNS: 220.127.116.11
Those settings apply to the outermost routers (unless you changed your router's settings yourself).
Now connect to WLAN again, ét voila - it will work now.
* to uninstall them use "adb root" > "adb shell" > cd /system/app/ > rm WHATEVER.apk
*Sammy = Samsung
Nice one, thanks I will try this!
Do you think there is a chance of fixing WLAN fully so DHCP works normally?
Maybe this willl fix it?
1. Download from the Market 'root explorer' or a similar program. I used the free 'Super Manager' with included root file explorer. You must enable the root function in Super Manager, otherwise you don't see the folders.
2. root your Galaxy Tab --> see SuperoneClick (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682) and theunlockr.com (http://theunlockr.com/2010/11/29/how-to-root-the-samsung-galaxy-tab/)
3. Within the file explorer you should go up to root map folder (in short: "rm").
4. Then follow the instructions of Gadgeteer81. You can either delete the file or rename it:
To Fix Android going into “Obtaining IP Address” loop:
*Edit, no good that file doesn't seem to exist??
No. I don't know what's wrong with DHCP. I have to do this:
enable static IP
=> WLAN connection, but no outside connection
disable static IP
=> WLAN connection AND outside connection
There's definitively something wrong with dhcp. I'll maybe try wifi fixer app. AFAIK this is a pretty common issue we have here. Maybe i'll get it fixed, once Arnova shipps a full update.zip.
I almost thought it's something like that, because when you dump via ADB all permissions get lost.
I fixed many of them and created lots of symbolic links... thanks for finding it out. I'll create a new image now and will upload tomorrow (it's now 11:55 PM here).
/system/etc/dhcpd/dhcpd-run-hooks was the file that had wrong permissions.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (83), Phone (12), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech