|Latest product reviews|
i recently bought this device from a friend that had let their friend ''flash'' it and now instead of it being a tablet, its an over sized phone but it won't send or receive calls and the web cam doesn't work. what do i have to do to get it back to its original state???? I'm not familiar with doing such things like this. it is still brand new but with a different firmware or software or whatever it may be called. i just want it back to normal so i can use it as it was made to be use, web cam and all. any help would be very appreciated. thank you.
you can download the origional stock firmware here
and install it by
1. Download the update file for your device « update.img ». You can save it to the desktop of your computer for example.
2. Connect the USB cable to your Arnova and your computer so that the ARNOVA is seen as an external hard drive (as normal).
3. Copy the « update.img » to the root of the device. Do not place it into any folder of the Arnova, just to the root level of the device.
4. Unplug your device safely as usual using the green « disconnect safely » arrow in the system tray.
5. The Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", you need to connect the charger/adapter DC-IN to your device. The Arnova will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", make sure you connect the charger/adapter to the DC-IN of your device.
Important warning: Upgrading your device's software will reset all your settings (including the WiFi settings).
6. Once the firmware update process is completed, your Arnova tablet will automatically restart. You must then go though the installation wizard. Not only will this process allow you to configure the basic settings of your player.
its quite simple if your friend soldit to you because of this reason they were quite silly 😛
"The best person in the world, at the moment" -imstookatboot
If this method doesn't work, you will need a "low level" flashing tool, have a look here:
If you like our web site, applications and firmwares, feel free to support our site. Donations are used to pay the bills for our server hosting costs, development tools and purchase new tablets to support.
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (85), Phone (12), Tablet (3)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech