|Latest product reviews|
Here's a screenshot of my G2, it's stock firmware rooted, with working Android Market and ICS themed Go Launcher EX, I think it looks pretty good. If people are interested in knowing the method I used to root and how I got the market to work I can post instructions tomorrow, I just wanted to show off tonight.
I am currently not rooted. However I did get the market install using this proceedure:
I tried the new firmware that is out but it had too many small issues for me so I went back to stock. I would like to be rooted so Titanium backup etc will work.
So thanks and I too am looking forward to seeing your rooting process 🙂
So you going to share your proceedure please 🙂
I was thinking of giving it a go myself using this proceedure:
Unless there is an easier way?
OK I got my stock FW rooted EXCEPT access to /system.
I used this kit here:
Download it and do the following
1) Extract the kit to a folder somewhere. Desktop is fine.
1) Get the STOCK Arnova update.img file from the Arnova web site.
2) Rename the .img to wendal.img and copy it into the folder you made when you extracted the above kit link.
3) double click on the runme.bat file from the kit. Note if on Win 7, right click on it and run as admin if needed.
4) At the command prompt do a #1 choice to extract the files from the .img.
5) When that is done now just do a #2 choice and rebuild the new .img file.
6) When this is done do a #3 choice to exit. There will now be a file in the kit folder called new_wendal.img
7) Copy this off somewhere else so you can rename it. Rename it to update.img
8) Copy this to the root of your Arnova and when copied unplug the USB cable. The Arnova should prompt you to load this new version. Do it.
This allows apps like Titanium Backup to work and other apps that need root access. The only thing it cannot do is give you R/W access to /system. Kind of a drag but I have gotten a lot farther with apps and stuff using this half root.
Jackup96, if you have gotten farther than this pleae let us know! 🙂
Ah well from what I have been learning and learning alot, you need to be able to rip the IMG and edit your own rom files to correct this. I am far far from being able to do that myself but give me time if I stay interested 😉
FYI without /system access, Titanium backup acts like it backs up all your stuff but when you try to do a restore some apps give errors and not all settings will recover. Prime example is things like keyboard clicks and other things that are probably stored in the /system dir. Since Titanium cant write there, it cant restore some stuff 🙁
Most Users Ever Online: 749
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices in use: Desktop (80), Phone (22)
Guest Posters: 43
Moderators: globula_neagra, exelletor, JochenKauz, Oma7144, cracktech